six

Both Williams siblings had decided to go on a hike with Steve as a way to get out of the house for the day, as all were given a week off to catch up on sleep and whatever else that needed to be done

Both Williams siblings had decided to go on a hike with Steve as a way to get out of the house for the day, as all were given a week off to catch up on sleep and whatever else that needed to be done. "who's idea was this?" Olivia groaned as she walked behind Steve.

"pretty sure it was yours." Danny laughed from behind his sister.

"well you should of stopped me." she groaned as she bumped into Steve's back.

Steve, Olivia and Danny stood on top of the cliff, and they all took in the scenery of Hawaii and what it had to offer them. "it's so beautiful." she muttered as she breathed in the freshness.

"i'm so glad i moved here." her brother commented.
"you didn't really have a choice." Steve laughed and Danny gave his boss a small glare.

The three stayed on the cliff for a while longer, and before they all knew it.... it collapsed under them but Danny was quick enough to jump off but the other two weren't so lucky.

"Steve! Olivia!" Danny yelled as he leaned over the side to see if his sister and friend were okay.
"yeah, i'm good." Olivia called out but she saw that Steve was unconscious.

"Steve's down!" she yelled as she crawled over to him.

Danny was terrified, he didn't know what to do. "i'll call for help. Stay put." he ordered.
"i'm not going anywhere, and neither is Steve." she coughed.

Olivia leaned down to Steve's chest, and she prayed she could hear his heartbeat and she let out a breath when she heard it. "Steve?" she rubbed his sternum as she knew it was a form of making people wake up.

"i got no signal!" Danny called out.
"he has a heartbeat and a good pulse but still unconscious. looks like a broken leg too." she relayed his injuries to Danny.

Olivia continued to monitor Steve's breathing pattern, but she decided it would be best to try and splint his leg while he's unconscious. The female officer grabbed two twigs and a piece of vine that fell down with them before making a splint.

"you have to go somewhere higher to get a signal! we will be fine till then!" Olivia called to her brother, and she knew no one would look for them and then they would be stuck here for days.

"i'm not leaving you." Danny and his stubborn ways.

Olivia stood up as she looked down to see blood coming through her top, and she braced herself to look at the wound. "i have an open wound to the stomach." she called out.

"i'll be quick!" Danny then was gone.

Olivia had worked out it had been thirty minutes and Steve was finally starting to wake up. "what happened?" his voice made Olivia jump up from her place on the ground and rush over to him.

"the cliff collapsed." she sat next to him.
"Danny?" he asked but Olivia smiled.

"he's going to try and get help." she muttered.

"you have a concussion, don't move." and she pushed Steve back down when he tried to get up.
"you also have a broken leg." she added on.

Over a few miles away, Danny was searching high and low to try and find signal but his phone never gave him the go ahead. "why?!" he yelled as he climbed up a small hill to get a little bit higher.

Over on the other side of the small town, Kono and Chin were in the office as they were catching up on paperwork. "i wonder where they are, they said they would be here for twelve." Kono hummed at what her cousin said.

"what time is it?" she asked.
"two." he responded.

After searching for another twenty minutes, the oldest Williams was able to find signal but it kept disappearing then coming again. "hello?" he spoke into the phone. He had decided to call Chin.

"it's Danny." Chin showed the contact to his cousin.
"answer it." and he did, and he placed it on loud speaker.

Danny sighed in relief as it continued to stay connected. "mate! i need you to trace this!" he yelled into the phone. This made Chin confused. "why?" he asked his friend.

"me, Steve and Olivia went hiking, and they were standing on a cliff and it collapsed. Steve has a broken leg, a concussion and could be unconscious still." he told him what happened and this made Kono call everyone she knew.

"and Olivia?" Chin asked.
"she said she had an open wound to the stomach but i think that is it." Danny muttered.

"we are on our way, did you go on the brown trial?" Kono asked and Danny responded with a yes.

Danny decided it was time to hang up as he had to go back to the two and check on their conditions. "Olivia? how's it going?" he called out as he waited for his sisters response.

"he's awake and talking!" she called back up.
"hey D." the weak voice of Steve followed after Olivia.

Danny sighed in relief as he knew his friend was alive. "The cousins are on their way with help! hang on." he told the two the news as Olivia was massaging Steve's other leg as it began starting to become numb.

Time went on and it had reached the six hour mark, and no one had turned up yet. Olivia looked over at Steve as he stopped talking but what she saw horrified her. His skin was starting to become pale and a blue ish colour.

"Danny!" she yelled which made him shoot up.
"i think Steve has an infection somewhere! he's turning blue." she called out.

Olivia took off her jacket and covered him to try and save the heat that was in his body. "we need them to hurry." she cried out as a few rocks fell on top of her and Steve but she had covered his body so she took the majority of the hits.

"Danny?!" he looked up and around when he heard his name, and it sounded like it came from Kono. "hello?!" he yelled out as he rubbed his forehead. "you okay?" Chin asked as him and his cousin pushed themselves out of bushes with multiple officers.

"i'm fine but Steve has an internal infection and he won't hang on for much longer." he told them.
"Olivia!" Chin looked over the edge to see her doing CPR on their boss.

"where's the helicopter?" Kono yelled as she looked over the edge too.
"two minutes out!" a cop responded.

Olivia bent down and pressed her lips on Steve's as she administered mouth to mouth, hoping her oxygen would go into his body. "i see it!" Danny yelled as the helicopter lowered itself down and a rescue officer was wrenched down.

"take him first!" Olivia pushed herself away as she watched the love of her life (unknown to both ends) being lifted up into the helicopter. "your turn." she hooked herself up before she began to start lifting in the air.

The helicopter rushed them to the nearest hospital which was three miles away. "we got one unconscious male, broken leg and possible infection." they wheeled Steve into the operating room.

"let me take a look at you." Olivia was pulled away from Steve as she was dragged to a closed off room. "you just need stitches." the doctor smiled as they called the plastics doctor in to do so.

A few hours later, the boss was out of surgery and was in a recovery bed. "he's alive because of you." Kono rubbed Olivia's shoulder as she gave her friend a smile.

"he's awake!" Danny told everyone who then jumped up to see their boss.

no one was going to take life for granted.

"Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion." - Tony Hsieh

A/N - i know i haven't uploaded in a while! i'm sorry!