Chapter Sixteen

October 4th 2013

Jack hasn't heard from the jobs he's applied for yet and he's been really stressed out about it. Still, he says he's going to give it another week until he really worries about it.
I'm of course here for him, but god damn this is such a new environment with him. Living together, and him acting like his authentic self towards me, rather than the therapist trying and failing to fix me.
At least therapy with Lizzie is still going great. She's really helpful for me whenever I'm feeling really stressed out and ready to give up.
I'm happy to say that I've had zero cravings for the drug that was slowly poisoning me.

"Hey babe," I call from the couch, "come watch a movie with me. Stop stressing for a little bit." 
Jack looks over at me from where he's sitting at the dining room table with his laptop, scouting out more jobs.
He sighs, "Alex I'm really trying to find something..." He frowns.
I roll my eyes a little "And you will, but stressing out so much about it when you've applied for at least fifteen jobs isn't going to help you get one any faster. Come on, come lay with me. I'll even put on some random James Bond movie if you want." I smile when he gets up at the promise of a movie of his choosing.
He lays down on the couch with me, being the little spoon. I'm grateful that my couch is so wide, it makes cuddling so much more comfortable. 
I hand him the remote and watch him pick GoldenEye. At least this one's not so bad. Some other Bond movies I've seen have just been somewhat cringe worthy to say the least. Not that they aren't good in their own respective ways, but they're not the best. Then again, my favorite movie is The Fifth Element, and I'll defend that til my death.

Jack is asleep within an hour of the movie, and it's really adorable. I on the other hand have plans. We're going to have fun today.
The perk of living in Los Angeles is that even in October, where everywhere else is going into Autumn weather, we stay sunny and hot.
It's 4 PM now, and it's 86 degrees outside.
Jack wakes up a bit sweaty despite the air conditioning being on and smiles a little at me.
I smile back "Good morning sleepy. Couldn't even make it through your movie. See? You needed the rest, love."
"I guess I did." He sighs and sits up.
I sit up with him and run my fingers through his hair, "You wanna go swim?" I grin.
We get our swim shorts on and I'm the first to sprint out the sliding glass door into my backyard and cannonball into the pool, grinning at Jack who's laughing at me from the grass.
He jumps in right next to me and splashes me, a stupid little smirk on his face as he does.
"You asshole!" I yell, jumping on his back and dunking him, he swims out from under me, grabs my ankles and pulls me down.
I kick away from him and get back up, I look around for him and he's on the other side of the pool.
"No fair!" I call to him, he's a fast swimmer and he's a couple inches taller than me. That gives him an unfair advantage in my opinion.

We spend at least two hours just fucking around in the pool, and now it's getting just low enough in temperature for me to enjoy the hot tub.
"Come on..." I smile, going up the steps to get out of the pool. I hold my hand out to him. He takes it and follows me out.
We walk to the hot tub and get in, I make my way onto his lap and I'm straddling him, my arms around his neck.
"I love you." I say quietly, nervously. This is the first time I've said it out loud to him.
Jack stares at me for a moment, like he wants to respond but doesn't know how. Maybe it's nerves, maybe he doesn't want to say it back. If he doesn't, I understand of course but my stomach is in knots and I'd rather he get it over with sooner rather than later.
"I love you too." He smiles at me.
I can literally feel my eyes light up, as if that's truly possible but I swear I can. 
"You do?" I ask like a sappy thirteen year old.
Jack nods, "I do." He kisses me and I feel like I'm going to explode.
I kiss him back, but only for a moment. I sit back on his lap and sigh "I've been wanting to say that for a long time." I confess, looking at him nervously again.
Jack chuckles, "How long?" 
I blush, "Since like....A month after I met you...I'm hasty. I fall fast." I sigh, glaring when Jack starts laughing at me.
"Don't laugh!" I smack him on the arm.
He hugs me tight, "I'm not, I'm not...Okay, I am. I'm glad you've known for that long though and nothing has changed. I love you too. I really, really do." 

We spend our evening just relaxing, and it feels nice to not go through this whole romance movie bullshit where one says they love the other for the other to say it back and they jump into some crazy take you to bed and fuck me silly sort of thing. I don't want that. That's not real. This, though, this is real. Being able to say it and have the other say it back and let it be. Calm, collected, romantic and happy without all of the Hollywood flair that he and I live and breathe every single day living in this city.
We get out and go upstairs to shower off the chlorine together.
We're both finished washing, just enjoying the water raining down on us.
I kiss him, smiling against his lips as he kisses me back. He's warm as his body presses against mine and my hands are on his hips.
He takes charge and I know it's his turn tonight, something he rarely does, but I love it when he decides to.
His arms are around my waist, his lips moving swiftly against mine until both of ours are parted and our tongues are doing their familiar dance with one another. My back is against the wall, rain water trickling down our faces, but that makes this experience even better. He's kissing me with more passion than I've felt from him before when he's the one taking charge and I love it. 
He turns me around, my hands are against the wall and he takes care of me in the best ways possible, his name is escaping my lips in a sound sweeter than honey, while his is completely different when he's the one topping. His sounds rougher, sexier rather than soft and sweet when I'm topping.
We're fast when it comes to the foreplay, and it's incredible. He knows how to use those long fingers of his, he has my knees shaking before we can even get to the really fun part. He's big, and it hurts for just a few minutes while he lets me adjust, when he feels me relaxing around him is when he goes for it and my god I swear I've never felt more alive, more on top of the world than I do right now in this shower with him, this gorgeous, beautiful man that I've been longing for forever, at least it feels like it. He's finally mine and the moans that leave my mouth tell him that. The way his fingers dig into my hips and the sounds our bodies make as they smack together is something I could live with forever, and he is mine. I feel it in every move that he makes, and I know it for pure fact when we tense up at the same time, giving into the pressure and flawless feelings in our guts, final loud moans leaving both of our mouths as he reaches his climax and I reach mine. 
Magical, I swear it.
I never believed in magic until I was able to touch him, hold him and feel him. He's magical.
That's the only way that I can explain him, there's no one else like him in the world.

We clean ourselves up again, it's quiet and that's really all I need. There's no need to make a big show, he's never been one for that anyway. 
I turn to face him, making a face as the water starts to run cold. I hug him close to me, my head on his shoulder.
"I love you." I whisper, kissing his neck.
He wraps his arms around me and holds me close to him, "I love you too, Lex." 
I smile and stand there with him until the water is too cold for me to handle.
I watch him as he gets dressed in that favorite outfit of mine, his grey sweatpants and white tank top.
"Enjoying the show?" He smirks. 
I nod, realizing that I've just been holding onto my underwear rather than actually putting them on my body.
"It's not my fault you look so good. I can't help it." I smile, getting myself dressed.
We curl up in bed and he's holding me, my head is on his chest and I'm warm and cozy with him.
I reach for the remote that operates the electric fireplace in my room and turn it on.
"There, a romantic fireplace." I grin, allowing myself to get cheesy.
He laughs "When's the last time you even used this?" He questions, watching the fake flames flicker. They look so real.
I pause to think about it because I know for sure that he's never seen it on, "God, I don't know. Maybe a year ago?" I tilt my head as I think a little further and it comes to me, "Last year on Christmas Eve. That's when." 
"That's really cute." He kisses the top of my head before resting his cheek against it.
"Wanna order food and just be really fat and cozy up here?" I smile, hoping he'll say yes.
It's not like he needs much convincing honestly, one look at what Postmates has to offer and he's telling me he wants Cheesecake Factory. That's easy enough.
We spend the rest of the night just pigging out on our burgers, finishing it off with our four pieces of various flavors of cheesecakes that we ordered.
From under my blanket cocoon where we're now both laying, our food containers on the floor because we're too lazy to take them downstairs, I look at him with a small smile, "I love you. Goodnight Jack." 
Jack smiles back at me, that beautiful sparkle in his hot cocoa colored eyes making me melt, "It feels so good to hear you say that, and it feels better for me to finally say it back...I love you too, Alex. Goodnight." He pulls me closer against him and we both fall asleep happy and warm, our fireplace still going on in the lowest setting. 

(A/N: This was just a more fluffy filler chapter because I feel like they deserve some happy moments. They're such a cute couple who's gone through hell to get here, so god damn it they're going to enjoy it. <3)