1.

Waking up to the sound of your alarm, normally a groan would leave your lips instantly

Waking up to the sound of your alarm, normally a groan would leave your lips instantly. But not today. Although it's a Monday morning, you couldn't be happier to be going to work today. Because today is the day. The day that they announce who will be part of the six week work exchange programme.

You had been busting your balls for the past year at your company trying to prove that you were worthy to be one of the few chosen for this opportunity, you just hoped that it had finally paid off.

There were six spots for three locations. Miami, Sao Paulo or Sydney. When they announced the exchange programme would be taking place, you instantly started to imagine yourself in each location.

You had your heart set on one place, but for fear of jinxing the whole thing, you have kept it to yourself since the announcement was made. Twelve grueling months of having to keep your mouth shut when no one loves to express themselves more than you.

But as you started to think about it harder as you took your morning shower, an unfamiliar sense of nervousness started to engulf your body. Yes you were bubbly and outgoing here in the UK, but would you be the same if you were surrounded by complete strangers in a foreign place?

Would you start to do and say things to try and fit in only to end up making yourself look like a bumbling idiot?

Suddenly, the idea of leaving everything behind for a well deserved break from terrible weather and nosy ex's wasn't looking like such a great idea.

The drive to the office was as mundane as ever. With a one hour commute you were starting to think a move to the city may be better, but you just couldn't imagine yourself living anywhere but the town you grew up in. So every day, you joined the rows of traffic blasting your music as loud as possible until you reached the underground car park to start the same day over again.

"Oh for fuck's sake." You grumbled, seeing the only spot available being the one parking place that everyone avoided being your only choice this morning.

You would think being on the early shift starting at 8am that you would be able to avoid parking next to the wall that makes you need to turn into a contortionist just to be able to exit the car. But no, here you are with your nose pressed against the wall, your lunch being squished in your bag and your leg on the bonnet.

"You know Y/N, you could always just reverse into the spot instead."

Hearing the familiar voice speaking your name, you let out a scoff before finally falling from your position with a stumble before finally looking up at the man grinning down on you.

"Yes Nigel, I'm very aware of that. But if I did do it your way, I'd still get stuck between two cars."

Nigel. What is there to say about Nigel? Well for starters he has been your saving grace inside the office since your first day. Looking at him, you would say that he is at least 30 years your senior but the truth is, it's 10 years max mixed in with a man that knows how to have a good time and doesn't even give a second thought on the damage it is doing to his body.