19.

The sound of your keys crashing down on the kitchen counter was the only thing to replace the awkward silence

Since you confessed the things that Taehyung had made your body involuntarily feel tonight, you found yourself feeling shy, like you were right back to how you felt the first time you had met.

Taehyung had such an aura around him, that it almost made you feel intimidated. You didn't feel worthy in his presence, so to hear him actually confessing that he likes you, was a little worrying. You felt that now you needed to keep up appearances. Look as good as you do tonight for fear of him changing his mind when you revert back to your usual wardrobe choices.

His eyes followed your movements as you walked around your apartment, placing your bag and shoes by the couch.

His hands stayed snug in the front pocket of his jeans, because like you, he also didn't know what to do with himself. His mind kept going back to your soaked underwear that were now discarded in a trash can at the nightclub.

But as much as he wanted to make a move, his conscience was fighting back, reminding him that you had been drinking all night, and were essentially man handled by a friend of his.

At the start of everything, when you first met, his main focus was to get you alone, just like right now. Then to work his charm and win the money. But after spending so much time with you in the past week, although having you screaming his name was still a goal of his, it was now for completely different reasons.

"I need to go wash my feet." You breathed out, pulling him from his thoughts as he nodded gently. "I'll be right back."

You tried your damndest to walk in a straight line through the hall towards the bathroom, but even without wearing heels it was no easy feat. The fresh night air had apparently concealed your state of drunkenness, giving you the false illusion that you had managed to sober up.

Stumbling into the bathroom, you gave yourself a telling off as you grabbed the nozzle from above the shower, berating and sternly muttering to yourself to get your shit together.

You paid no mind to the soap and shower bottles falling off of the shelf. You were just glad you were standing up right, even if you were leaning against the wall for balance.

Licking your lips, you noted they were still slightly numb before pushing yourself off of the wall and checking the temperature of the water with your fingertips.

But as you put one leg over the tub, the door opening caught your eye, making to stand up straight to see Tae peeking around the door.

"Do you need help?" He asked, casting his eyes to the bottles in the tub be splashed with water from the shower nozzle.

"I'm too drunk." You admitted, breathing out a small chuckle.

Matching your smile, he stepped into the room, being sure to respectfully keep his eyes on yours as he crouched down by your feet.