35.

You're in love

You're in love.

You knew you had these feelings bubbling deep inside of you the moment he burst into your apartment and had his way with you against the wall.

Were you going to be the first to admit these feelings? Hell no! You were usually the first one to confess your undying love in a relationship, and look at where that had gotten you. Divorced in your 20s with a pretentious, narcissistic ex that thought he still had ownership over you.

But it wasn't until you had met Tae and let him sweep you off of your feet that you realised that you hadn't actually experienced love. Not real love at least.

Tae was the type of love that gave you butterflies each time you simply thought of him. Even if he was sitting across from you at the time. And he made you blush, you don't blush. Not from anything and man said or did, at least. But thanks to his thoughtless actions and affection, you found yourself to be an obnoxious shade of crimson more often than you were your natural skin tone around him. And you didn't care one bit.

To you, he was the most incredible man the world had conjured up. And you revelled in the fact that this incredible man was in love with you too.

Smiling down at your hands that were locked around his fingers as he drove, you felt like you were on top of the world. Not driving to your boyfriend's parents house to meet them for the first time.

But you didn't care about what you were walking into. They could turn out to be wretched assholes and you'd still be a ball of happiness. If that was the case you would just run away with the love of your life just as Romeo and Juliet did.

Minus the suicide....

Now you feel indestructible. You and Tae could take on the world and still look absolutely gorgeous whilst doing it.

But it still didn't mean that you had forgotten that after this weekend, you only have one week left in Miami.

"We'll be there soon Sweetheart." Tae smiled softly, lifting your hand to press his lips onto the back of your hand.

He had been somewhat quiet for the journey to his parents house. You weren't sure if it was concentration, nerves or just him being as blissfully happy as you were. The silence wasn't deafening. It was comforting. Especially seeing as he had held your hand the entire way there. Either out of affection or fear of you leaping from the car on the freeway.

As he pulled into a quaint neighbourhood, your eyes sparkled as you drove through the cookiecutter streets, each one looking like a spitting image of the next, all giving off a little bit of a Stepford vibe that oozed nothing but the perfect qualities of a loving upbringing. You should have known that Tae would have been brought up this way. It reminded you somewhat of the gaslight neighbourhoods that were built in the 50s and 60s. All one story homes with perfect driveways and scissor-cut lawns.