40.

Much like you, Taehyung had never been a fan of the reckless way Jungkook drove his car

Much like you, Taehyung had never been a fan of the reckless way Jungkook drove his car. Until now that is. Until the love of his life was running away from him due to her finding out the disgusting, inexcusable bet he had going with his asshole friends.

But as much as he wanted to blame them, especially Jimin, for what was currently taking place, he knew he had nobody to blame but himself. It's like the saying goes, when you point your finger at someone, there will always be four fingers pointing right back at you. He never understood the way he and his friends treated women. It wasn't as if he had a messy break up and an ex that left him in the dust vowing to never love again. Nor did he have a broken home and mommy issues to blame.

The only person to blame was his own chauvinistic self.

Watching as the street lights flew by in a flash, Tae shifted in his seat, unable to sit still as he let Jungkook hold his life in his hands. Thankfully Jungkook was skilled enough behind the wheel of his black sports car to zip in and out of traffic and finally reach your apartment. Jungkook and barely brought the car to a screeching halt before Taehyung was jumping out of the car and running into the lobby of your apartment building.

One thing he missed in his haste that Jungkook didn't was the fact that your rental was gone from the parking lot.

Jungkook strolled silently into the lobby as Taehyung punched the call button for the elevator over and over, silently praying that you had just not made it back yet. Because the only other option was that you had, and had already left meaning it was too late. And he didn't know if he had it in him to console his friend in the way he was going to need it.

But how do you console someone that brought the pain onto themselves? It had Jungkook thinking, what if he'd won the bet? Would he have fallen for you in the way Tae had? It was clear you were an incredible woman with an amazing heart. But would he be the one shaking like a leaf on the ride up to your apartment? Would he be the one with a perfect outline of your hand across his cheek? The thought was enough to make him want to be a man whore forever. Love looked too painful.

"Baby!!!" Taehyung yelled, pounding his fists on your apartment door hard enough to make the frame rattle. He didn't care if he looked psycho. He didn't care if your neighbours came out threatening to call the cops, he had to see you, to hold your face between his hands and beg you not to run from him. He needed to convince you that he's not the same man he was when you first met him. He's not the same man that called you sweetheart for the first time because he in fact actually did forget your name.

After useless minutes of screaming your name and pounding on your door, Taehyung was beginning to lose hope as the door went unanswered.

Swiping his hair away from his clammy forehead, Taehyung took another step towards your door to continue with the pounding only to find himself being shoved out of the way by an exasperated Jungkook.