𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 15

Two Days Later: Thursday 4:44 PM

~~

Mielle and I were walking along the semi-busy streets making our way to the supermarket for today's dinner. The warm weather invited tons of people to enjoy the fresh air. The cool breeze refreshed me, while the sun shone down on my skin creating warmth.

I was wearing a sage green dress, with a white t-shirt underneath, and a beige headwrap, and some gold accessories. Mielle was wearing a white short jumpsuit, with blue, white, and black jordans, while a matching blue and white varsity jacket.

Upon entering the supermarket, we are hit with cold air that sends shivers down my body. While walking down the many isles, and throwing food items into the basket, I caught many people looking at me.

Once we got everything we needed we made our way to the cash register. The girl working the register had a smile on his face while scanning our items. In the middle of her scanning, she asked, "Sorry to be a bother but can I take a picture with you? I just saw you in the magazine this morning!"

I looked at Mielle with a confused face. "What magazine?" I questioned the girl whose name tag read Janelle. Janelle motioned her finger to the shelf behind us. To my surprise, my face was plastered on the front of a ton of magazines.

I picked one of them up and flipped through the pages to find the 6-page spread I was in. It showed the group photos, and individual shots of me, Adonis, Naomi, and Adut.

"AYEEE THATS MY BEST FRIEND!" Mielle shouted while hugging me.

"Sooo, a picture?" Janelle asked again.

I walked around the counter and stood next to Janelle flashing a genuine smile while she snapped a selfie.

"I didn't know they would release this early! It must be everywhere then." I commented while adding the magazine to the pile of items.

"I'm so proud of you! We should go celebrate! What about the cute picnics we see on TikTok?" Mielle suggested.

"Yeah, let's do that!" I turned my attention back to Janelle who was still scanning. "We are going to grab more stuff really fast, can you wait or not?"

"Of course! No problem." she beamed while putting a "closed register" sign on the counter.

Mielle and I ran off into the supermarket searching for items for our picnic. I grabbed a baguette, some strawberries, grapes, Pellegrino (sparkling water) and I found a small pink cake and added it to my arms.

When I met up with Mielle back at the register, she had a platter of sushi, cheese and crackers, and a box of pastries.

We paid for everything and rushed home to get everything together. On the ride home I saw one of the group photos on a billboard, along with people stopping and staring.

Once we arrived back at the apartment I put away the groceries and prepared a basket and a blanket with utensils, cups, plates, and all of our food. Mielle isn't helping me do any of this, instead, she was typing on her phone.

I chose not to say anything because I was already done, and nothing could spoil my mood right now.

Mielle and I decided to walk to a park instead of driving since it was somewhat close by. While walking down the streets, we gained more stares, and some people even took pictures. This was something new and interesting and I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Of course, I loved being admired, but now everyone might be in my business.

We made it to the park and it was now almost 6 o'clock, and the sun created a different type of glow. There were people with food stands, sorbet carts walking around, people walking and talking, or people were reading on the field. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves today.