𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 38

𝟐 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝟐 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

~~

As the year came to a close, life seemed to get busier for most of us. At the end of the year, our school had a giant festival to showcase the students' accomplishments.

Mielle, Connie, and Sasha have spent a lot of time practicing their dance performance, with the occasional Marco and I being their audience.

Armin was creating an interactive project about the ocean, I couldn't remember all the details, he tends to ramble on about things he's passionate about. I did get the dance to see bits and pieces, every detail was perfected to a 'T'.

I wasn't creating anything special due to modeling jobs coming in strong, and a special something I was working on for Jean. So, I decided to submit some small work I completed throughout the year.

Jean... I'm pretty sure he's submitting a piece, but I know nothing about it. Frankly, we haven't spent a lot of time together recently. We still talk and go on dates when we both have the time. But, when we do, his mind feels elsewhere.

He dozes off, sometimes staring at me when I'm not looking. I asked him if he's okay and of course, he reassured me he's fine. I don't assume anything is bad but something is different. I also caught him hiding his hands from me, still bruised from months ago.

Speaking of, Jennifer finally returned to school two weeks after the cookout. Large amounts of tape covered her nose, and layers of makeup were applied to her face to conceal bruises that were still visible if you looked closely.

Porco texted me as well, saying he's moving to a different part of Atlanta and that he would never bother me, my friends, or my family, again.

Finally, I thought.

This evening Jean asked me to come over to hang out at around 6:30. I was wearing a cherry red bustier corset type top buttoned tightly together like a waist trainer, a pair of medium wash high-waisted jeans, and red Jordan 11s. My hairstyle also changed to a long straight black wig, with a middle part. I also decided to wear some false lashes today.

On my way out, I caught sight of Mielle laying on Marco's lap while they watched Tik Tok on her phone.

"I'll be back," I said to the couple. They turned their heads towards me, doing a double-take on my appearance.

"Damnnn, where you goin'?" Mielle cooed while sitting up.

"I'm going to Jean's for a bit."

The two looked at each other and shared a secret look, wordlessly having a conversation.

"You look great Y/n!" Marco complimented.

"Thank you. What are you two giving each other that you look for?" I questioned.