𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 17

April 7th, 12:00 AM

~~

"Happy Birthday Jeanie-boyyy!" I exclaimed through the screen.

"Thank you beautiful," Jean replied with a big smile on his face.

I wanted to be the first one to wish him a happy birthday, but Marco apparently beat me to it.

"Am I gonna see you today?" Jean asked still smiling.

"Uhmmm, I'm not sure I have stuff to do today." It wasn't a total lie, I had to wake up in a couple of hours to start getting stuff ready.

"What you mean ''not sureee", how can I enjoy myself without seeing you, Bugaboo. Hey, that rhymed." He whined.

"I know, I know. I have some... work things to do and I gotta help my parents with something. I can make it up to you tomorrow!"

Hopefully, that was convincing enough.

"That's ass, but I understand I guess. I wanna talk more but I'll let you sleep. Thank you for calling me." Even though he said this with a smile I could tell he was bummed out.

I shared a soft smile with him, "Of course, I'll talk to you later? Goodnighttt."

"Goodnight!"

As soon as I heard the disconnecting call dial tone, I set multiple alarms for 8 am, and wrapped my hair in a bonnet.

9:38 AM

~

"Take his money, take all the nigga money, take his money." I sang while mixing the smooth chocolate red velvet cake batter in a large mixing bowl.

The plan was to bake the cake and jello shots by noon, pick up edibles from Hange -- told yall, she like a cool Auntie-- do my hair, pick up the food from my Mom and the restaurant, set up all the decorations, and get dressed.

This was a solid plan, but knowing me the schedule won't be exactly accurate.

Mielle was still sleeping, but she agreed to help me set up later. The party starts at 9 pm but I told everyone to come at 8 so we can surprise Jean.

~~

The cakes were now baking in the oven and I was preparing the Jell-O shots. I poured in the boiling water, and cold water, with the vodka into the jello powder. Then transferred it into little cups with lids and threw them in the freezer.

10:41, okay I'm doing good. The cake has to bake for another hour and a half, and I have all the toppings ready. I can chill for a second.

I went on the couch and turned on the TV until the cake was ready.

~~~

"Y/n... y/n," Mielle said while she was shaking my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I hummed while opening my eyes. I guess I fell asleep.

"Why is there smoke coming from the oven?" She said nonchalantly.

"WHAT?!" I jerked up from the couch and ran into the kitchen. I opened the oven but it was empty. I turn around to see Mielle hunching over in laughter and point to the counter where the cake was cooling.

"That's not fucking funny," I grumbled while slapping my leg in frustration.

"I should've recorded that, you looked like- like a fish out of water," Mielle said as she burst into more laughter.