Prolouge

3rd person POV

    Young five-year-old Adelina cried as her father uncle and older brothers headed to the fancy ball they insisted she couldn't attend. Her older brothers and cousins who weren't allowed to go were all in another room and Adelina and the rest of the younger kids were told they would be going on an adventure for the night with their mothers. When her mother and aunts gathered her siblings and cousins together in the strange building to watch a movie she forgot her tears and cuddled with her best friends and cousins, Luka, Santiago, and his twin Luis, as her mother and aunts worked on putting her little three-year-old twin siblings, Emmalyn-Grace and Emilio-Giovanni, and four-year-old Ezequiel, who her family told her is now her adopted brother because he lost his parents, to sleep.

    When her mother and aunts left the room the four five and six-year-olds began to mess around with one another and a lamp toppled over with a crash waking the three sleeping toddlers once again. As they cry another bang is heard and her aunt and Luka's mother Katina comes out to scold the four rambunctious children. When the children told her it wasn't them who made the bang a weird look flashed across her face as loud noises began coming from everywhere. Luis scared of all the noises hid under the couch one of the only advantages he had as the smallest out of the band of four. In another room, the older boys in the other room all knew what to do when the alarms began to go off and rushed to their designated panic room quickly knowing that their parents would come to get them soon.

    Katina and the other women all knew what those noises meant and rushed to push all the children in the panic room designed for this. When they closed the door they had no idea that little Luis was still under the couch curled up in fear. The women then left the small apartment in the once secure building the mafia owned with the intent to keep their children safe and see what the disturbance was about. No mafia would have enough power to attack the night of the annual mafia ball that required all the mafia's attendance and no other group would attack the strongest mafia in the world.

    The women more like sisters than friends were all unaware that this would be the last night they would see six of their youngest children. As they hurried to the control center of the building that was not far from their original location they were attacked but the attackers only used gas to make the three women fall unconscious. The attackers then moved to the room the women just left and used a smaller dose of the gas to make the children in the panic room all fall asleep soundly.

    Once the six children were asleep the attackers broke the door down and took the sleeping bodies of the children to where their van waited for them. The kidnappers knew they were missing a child however they did not have the time to search for him. The group had been planning this attack for years and had everything planned so the group of attackers left the rest of their people to fight the combined Italian, Russian, and Spanish mafia soldiers and drove the many hours to their planned destination. They knew full well the traffic cameras video of their van would be corrupted and the trackers in small children's necklaces were removed. Once the van was at their destination they left the children with the orphanage home caretakers paying them off to fake the documents for the children. The group wanted to make the Italian, Russian, and Spanish mafia suffer however refused to kill young innocent children.

    When the Dons of the combined Italian, Russian, and Spanish mafia heard of the attack on the building where they left their wives and younger children they raced out of the ball to go make sure everything was alright but when they arrived they only found their men dead the raced to the apartment their family was staying in, in hopes of finding them safe but they found the unconscious bodies of their wives in the hallways. They ordered a team of doctors to care for them when they went to search for their children hoping they too were alright but somewhere deep inside them knew they were not. When they looked into the apartment it was all undisturbed ecept a lamp that was knocked over. The only thing out of place was the planned panic room was empty and their children were nowhere to be found.