Chapter Thirty

Emmalyn's POV

My idiotic sister rudely pulls us all into a 'meeting room' right after breakfast. Surely someone taught her manners at some point in her life and she's shamefully forgotten them. The mafia family was watching us while keeping their distance. Notably, the younger children and the women were not included in this. Discrimination is so ugly these days.

The mafia family eyed us with hesitation, most definitely having seen the wonderful film we recorded the night before and knowing we don't need them. We don't need anyone. Though it is a cute thought in theory of course. Everyone likes the knight in shining armor story until seeing the villain was right all along.

I lean against the wall with Ze on one side and my twin on the other, we were not exactly listening to the 'planning'. Truly I didn't know what they were trying to plan. Things were so much easier than what they wanted to turn it into.

However, that was not mine or my fellow Ace's care at the moment. The little Nightmare leaders will avoid grouping together for now. Our statement completing the goal of awing everyone. Including them. Unfortunately for us, they were not stupid enough to gather again soon. And tracking them down one by one is such a bore. These people make things so draining, don't they know we want to have fun with them?

When our new burner phone dings I let a small smile grace my lips. The silly leaders may not consider us as Nightmares anymore, but everyone else in the underworld? They know they need us. Who could live without our fabulous existence?

Ze replies to the message with an excited look taking over his features. The onlookers watch us with interest yet after they denied me compliments on my fire-inspired outfit today they didn't deserve any explanation.

With a slight nod in confirmation to me telling me we received payment I flutter my lashes at everyone else in the room, "Regretfully we have a prior engagement we must attend to so we will leave you with this," I wave my hand at the papers and whatnot they were using to 'plan', "And will see you all in a few days."

Emilio leads us towards the door when one of the eldest son's voices interrupts our exit, "You're leaving?"

I turn back to them, letting my red hair fly in the air, and give them a disdainful look for interrupting us, "For a while at least."

Luka's POV

One glance at Addy and I could see the faint amount of annoyance in her eyes. Our family seemed confused at the sudden departure but the three of us already had an idea of what they were up to. They had a job.

Right after everyone in the room was discussing how we had to fly under the radar after The Ace's disaster of impulse last night. Now they were pushing things even further using their contacts from The Nightmares to get a job. Another thing to land them on the blacklist when it comes to The Nightmares. Taking well-paying jobs when they were not offered correctly makes many teams angry.

Yet again we were left to explain The Ace's actions and yet again we blew it off as Addy ended the meeting and we followed the path our three younger siblings took minutes before but instead of heading to kill people Addy leads us to the game room where we knew the group of our youngest older brothers would be.

I wasn't sure what to expect. We knew the patterns of their behaviors from the years we spent observing them but walking into a room covered in pillow stuffing and a little gray kitten and a light blonde dog running around the room with teenage boys chasing them could not exactly be predicted.

Addy paused her confidence possibly faltering from the fact that it is highly possible that everyone in this family was just flat-out crazy.

With a sigh, she crouched down and called the puppy to her while Santi picked up the kitten easily as the boys just watched from the destruction of the room.

"What the fuck do you think you are doing?"

Enzo stared at the mess from over my shoulder and my teammates and I shrug as the boys cower back with uneasy smiles as Santi hands me the kitten and sits on a part of the couch that still resembles a couch in some way.

When none of the other boys respond Enzo turns his scrutinizing gaze to Addy and me who had the criminal animals in our grasp. Addy gave him a bored look as she stood ushering the puppy farther back into the room and stood taking the cat from me and handing it to Enzo.

"Don't let Emmy see the pets if she does she'll end up killing them one way or another.

-------

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting

Short chapter cause I didn't have the time to write everything before I left for vacation so until the next chapter

-Fire