Chapter Twenty-Five

Emmalyn's POV

It was just positively delightful watching our family's face when I slash Emilio's arm. Beautiful red blood began to coat the floor as we continued our training. Thankfully for our family, Addy stops them from interrupting us from the fight. She looked fearful for who I wasn't quite sure. When the timer went off we ceased our fight and grab the waters I had prepared earlier full of electrolytes that would make us stronger. I giggle when I look over to our family and with a shrug, I skip over to the first aid kit. I tend to my own wounds first humming my favorite song and once I am finished I help Emilio while Ezequiel does his own even though he knows I am the best at healing. You have to know how to rebuild the body if you want to destroy it.

Unfortunately, the mafia family broke out of their silence yet again attempting to patronize us. I summon one of my favorite poisoned daggers, one that could even kill me, and aim it at one of the younger boys' heads. Truly it is a sight when you threaten a mafia child in front of a mafia family. Quite comical and it is guaranteed to let us get what we want.

I couldn't quite decide if it was a good thing we were not questioned any further although Adelina definitely wasn't happy with us and I beam at her. I pull out a lollipop and twirl the knife as I pop it into my mouth as everyone admires me. "So... Bowling?"

Ze and Lio agree easily both enjoying the trivial pleasure of bowling and of course our bets during the game. The rest of the family looked baffled but agreed and Addy sighed.

I beam which seems to make the family happy, "Marvelous! We leave in one hour, and meet in the wonderful sitting room from before." I skipped out of the room imagining what outfit would look best for the excursion today.

-------

I finally decided on a wonderful blonde wig and a pretty pink dress with small white hearts. I look positively adorable and am told as much by my two companions who were dressed and ready to go before me.

We were the first to the sitting room and I sighed clearly punctuality would be an issue, truly, surely everyone knew it was only proper to arrive a little early to admire me as I walked in. Soon enough The Roses joined us looking quite civilian even with the weapons each was hiding. I twirled my hair and paid compliments and received the same in return, of course, I accepted each compliment graciously.

The family came in staggers, most of the mafia-focused adults showed exactly on time with the rest following in sections until two left to go find the remaining people so we could leave. Punctuality was truly an issue here and to think I had flawless make-up for this.

We arrive at the alley without issue and it is clear the place has been taken over by different mafia personnel. Less fun but I ignore it as we all get our needed shoes and bowling balls. I get shoes and a ball that matches my outfit and we each select our lanes. Ze, Emilio, and I pair up on our own lane while the family all splits up and with The Roses select lanes in groups.

It all, of course, was a competition where Ezequiel, Emilio, and I get the highest score amongst the groups and as always Ze gets the highest score meaning a forfeit for me and Lio later. I pout and the boys laugh leading to me sticking my tongue out at them, I would poison their dessert later, it's only right.

Once our game was over we observe the other games as they come to an end, some members of the mafia family are decent at the simple game however most are miserable. The three dons have not gotten a strike amongst the three of them and many of the others have many gutter balls. The Roses have more potential but clearly, their training did not translate completely into the game.

Once all the games were over there were many accusations thrown at us about cheating however we didn't take it seriously. They were just jealous of us. In the second game, we were prodded into joining other groups and we did allow for a little fun with them but it was truly to show off our talent.

By the third game, some people had gotten the hang of it however most of the people's scores did not improve by much. Everyone seemed ready to be finished with the games after that game and we relented and someone suggested going to an Italian restaurant. I was in the mood for the food so I allowed it and we arrived at a restaurant clearly owned by the family. The food was good and the younger of the boys in the family seemed to speak of nonsensical things as the men running the mafia discussed business. It was bad practice to discuss such things around outsiders but I let it be. It wasn't my mafia.

The women and I discuss make-up and outfits and they offer to go shopping with Addy and I which I agree to and strangely Addy does as well seeming a little off about it. The rest of The Roses, Ezequiel, and Emilio talk about Unseen Nightmare things, the type of things we do amongst fellow nightmares. Rumors, complaints, and such, things that can't be used against us. It is partly a thing to be a fear factor, however, the four were speaking Korean a language no one in the mafia family spoke. Safe topics because there was not much else we were able to discuss due to the confidentiality of the missions we take.

The food was satisfactory however there was better out there although it overall was a fun day and the family while strange did not seem all that mafia-like. The stories of mafias we've heard seemed to fit loosely with them although there was always more than what meets the eye and we of course still had a thorough background to read on them and more research to do.

In the meantime, shopping will be quite fun and I was contemplating going tomorrow but of course, that will all be determined later.

-------

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting

Let me know what you thought of the chapter and you can look forward to family moments with, of course, The Aces side of trouble in the future

-Lovefire