Chapter Thirty-One

Emmalyn's POV

I reapply my pink lipstick and double-check the clasps on my as I turn to smirk at the idiot guy who had the pleasure of myself not too long ago. The lovely French called on us to help them deal with two so-called assassins. Too bad, they had higher sex drives than intelligence.

My phone dings and I glance at it as the guy groans and stands up moving my hair and kissing my neck. I hum in annoyance, already done with him and when he turns me and tries to attack my lips with his own I allow it as I slide my thin dagger into his back severing his spinal cord in one go but not killing him.

He falls to the floor quickly and starts to blabber but I pay it no mind as I open the door to find Ze and Lio with messy hair and lipstick marks on their faces. Their target was slung over Ze's shoulder and I let them in giving them a disappointed look.

"Why in god's name did you choose not to clean yourselves up after your activities?"

The two boys smirk at one another and give innocent shrugs as if they weren't just having a threesome with an assassin and then poisoning her afterward. I sigh as Ze throws the girl on the bed without a care.

She was the better bet of giving us the information we needed considering she was only hiding her infatuation from him when he was looking. I give Emilio one look and he sighs as he picks the girl up and sets her on the chair I had set out. I could see the panic in her eyes. She was only paralyzed by toxins of course so she could see, hear, and feel everything. Trapped in her own body.

Lio rolls his eyes at me, rudely might I add, but nonetheless continues by tying her up. I smile and turn to yell at Ze's organization of our equipment. Once that was over I frowned at the two, "Go clean up already."

We had time before the toxins wore off enough to make sure the girl could speak until then she got to slowly watch as her partner on the floor. He has since fallen silent laying still on the floor, kinda like a lumpy rug.

I twirl a strand of hair around my knife watching the girl intently. She was pretty but this life wasn't for her. She most likely joined up to stay with the boy she was trained but didn't put her heart into it. She was sloppy, panicked instead of planned.

Ze and Em walk out of the bathroom just as she starts to move sluggishly. I giggle and flash my ace of hearts card at her. Any of her guesses of who we were or what we wanted were answered quickly.

I smiled at her, "So, we can do this the easy way or," I pause and turn to my teammates, "the hard way."

I roll my eyes as she gives in without a fight, as I said she wasn't meant for this. She was the perfect picture of the type of girl who was from a nice family who goes to college and gets a good job and a good little husband.

If I was like her then I would get the answers I needed and allow for their quick deaths. However, I wasn't like her.

I turn to my twin and best friend and give them the go-ahead. Soon enough all our questions were answered and the male assassin was dead. That's the problem when you paralyze someone, it's entertaining but when it's time to kill they don't feel much.

That left us with the girl playing killer. I pitied her, poor things like her were more common in this world than they should be. Another girl with a pretty life and name to go with it. Chole quickly confirmed my suspicions of her origins, and my boredom grew just as quickly as we fell behind schedule.

Being late is not cute or polite. I huff in agitation and grab my twin. We had a meeting to get to while Ze got to deal with the girl.

___________

There should be a rule against grungey alleyway meet points. The scenery most definitely clashed with my outfit and I pouted at the Frenchman in front of me. Clearly, they were new to this but nonetheless, we provided the sought-out information and proof of death for both assassins.

The French were acting nervous and I sigh already suspecting what was to come of this night. We get the payment and they leave just as we arranged in the planning of this. Once they are gone I pull out my knives as the Nightmare assassins surround us.

It was a sad attempt, this group was clearly green. They had the Nightmare training but not the experience to even have a chance against us. The only thing to their advantage was their numbers but that wasn't much of an issue.

I threw my first knife lodging into one of their heads as Lio began to shoot. A gunshot from above us let us know Ze had decided to join the party. As I threw knives the boys shot and soon enough they were dead. I whine when I notice the red trails of blood staining my clothes. These nightmares had some nerve to shoot me and ruin my new dress. They are just lucky I didn't happen to break a nail in the fight.

Lio pulled the masks off the dead assassins. They weren't a team that was recognizable which made me question who sent them or why they were here. Any of the people in charge would know this team wouldn't even have a chance at doing anything productive. They were just lambs to the slaughter.

If they were smart they would've realized it was kill or be killed in this world and found an excuse not to have been the ones to attack us they would've been punished but not dead. Useless idiots.

Ze comes down using the fire escape of one of the buildings to reach us and shakes his head as he looks over the bodies. I pulled out my cell and called a contact who could deal with the bodies for us and we were on our way already forming a plan for the next few days.

----------

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting

I hope you enjoyed it. I planned for this to be out earlier but I am packing with plans to move away to college in a few days so I've been busy.

Any guesses as to what will happen next?

-Fire