Chapter Twenty-Seven

Santiago's POV

After the mall disaster, The Aces headed off to do their own thing, whatever that was, according to Adelina asking wouldn't do anything to help. This led our dads to call family meetings. Which basically meant each individual family split off into different living rooms and discussed whatever it was they wanted to discuss. I had many ideas about what they wanted to discuss but didn't comment as I split from Addy and Luca.

I sat next to Luis, there was no acknowledgment of each other's presence however our family all seemed to clue into it. Dad was leading the meeting, Mom was sitting quietly a bit unsure of herself with Matias. It was quiet and awkward not like how I remember but I guess that was par for the course with our family. Valentino was the only true talkative one out of us our mother used to be but that was before and Andrés worked so hard to forget us, to move on, my, us, being here throws off my confident older brother.

I stay quiet as Dad and Andrés tell everyone about the certain expansions our sector of the mafia was making. It was clear everyone else already knew what he was talking about, they of course were unaware that I knew. I appreciated them trying to fill me in though not that I showed it.

Once they covered all the small things they could possibly talk about we finally moved on to the elephant in the room. The Aces. "What happened to them?"

They were all looking to me for answers that I truly didn't have, "The Nightmares." The Nightmare's perfect creation, the one flaw The Unseen Nightmares have is that teams care for each other more than their mission. That was until The Aces. Three kids who didn't care about anyone their only focus was completing their mission which mainly was killing people.

The mood darkens in the room or more so my family seemed to be at a loss. I couldn't blame them. Myself, Addy, and Luka had years to get used to their abnormal behavior; they heard rumors but their true acts of horror were often swept under the rug, away from the public eye, by either the Nightmares or their clients.

The meeting was over quickly after that and everyone except my twin and I fled the room. I knew he blamed himself. I also knew Addy talked to him. We didn't say anything to one another, I wasn't convinced that there was such a thing as twin telepathy watching Emmalyn and Emilio. I had doubts but haven't felt the connection with Luis.

Emmalyn's POV

We were officially bored. The fun this afternoon at the mall was nice but much too short. We needed more and this mafia wasn't going to be offering it with their so-called 'family meetings'. I twirled a blade through my hair watching the strawberry-blonde strands fall through it, Ze and Lio were busy on their computers. We were going to have our chaos and didn't need that mafia of The Roses to kill Unseen Nightmare leaders. The stupid ones were having a meeting to talk about us no less. It was so very rude to talk about us when we weren't invited.

I twirl the blade again, we just needed to find where the meeting was being held and we would have our target. A loud beeping calls our attention to Ezequiel's computer and he smirks, "Looks like we don't have to travel far." I smiled at my best friend and my twin knowing we were about to have fun.

I was already dressed for the occasion, looking flawless as always of course, and I gestured to the boys to change. We had a meeting to crash and as great as Ze looked in just sweatpants he needed to dress up. Emilio on the other hand needed a shower and a complete makeover which of course I would be helping him with. Ze will be playing outside the meeting killing all the stragglers to the meeting with Lio and I will be using my newest poison to create havoc in the room they were meeting in.

According to the digital records, there would be five of the leaders in attendance. None of the higher-ranking leaders but it would do. But there would also be many guards for us to deal with. This was going to be quite fun.

The meeting was going to be held in an abandoned warehouse, a stupid place for a meeting all things considered but I never gave these people points for being smart. We had a few hours before the set time giving us room to get ready and for us to get there first. I twirled the knife yet again, my phone rings and I sigh. Only three people have the phone number, two of them being in the hotel room with me.

"Hello Adelina," I spin the knife.

My teammates glance over at me and I shrug, putting the phone on speaker, "Emmy, when are you guys going to be back?"

I twirl the knife popping a chocolate in my mouth, "A few hours maybe."

"Ou-The family wants to have dinner tonight." I hum savoring the chocolate melting in my mouth.

"We probably won't be back in time."

"Em, what exactly are you guys doing?"

I smile at my fellow teammates and spin my knife, "Having fun."

-------

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting

I didn't plan on not updating this book for so long so sorry about that. Anyways I am going to hold off on making an updating schedule for right now as I get used to school and work again but I will be continuing this book.

-Lovefire