Chapter Eight

Ezequiel's POV

I am the first to awake surprisingly typically Em is the first to get up waking up to her curled up between Emilio and me was a rare occurrence. She usually wakes up early and then works on concocting her potions, or designing clothes, or baking or cooking something. If she was in the right mood the food would only be poisoned with what she deems is needed to build our immunity to them. All the other times she tries to kill me. Likely the only reason I am not dead by her hand is that Emilio prevents her.

She claims she will be the one to kill me. Would likely find a way to defy death if needed just to kill me. Psychotic girl that she is.

I attempt to get out of Emmy's and out of bed however she doesn't allow it. I sigh and lay back down playing with Em's waiting for my two best friends to wake. She would surely try to kill me for messing with her hair but I also love to rile her up knowing Emilio will most likely stop her from killing me. Getting a replacement for the Ace's team would be difficult especially with our habit of killing people who piss us off. Or annoy us. Or well anything. No one is safe from the rush we get while killing. It is a requirement for every Unseen Nightmare team to have at least three people. While we are not opposed to breaking the rules it can be a pain in the ass to fight with Nacht who of course is a rule follower. I suppose we could kill her and go rogue however that is too much work.

Emilio wakes up and looks at me and Emmy with a snort of laughter. Since I tried to move she latched onto me. When she wakes up this close to me she would definitely try to kill me.

Emilio easily got out of bed smirking at me and I flashed him the middle finger. He began to pack his and my stuff into our bags. We learned a long time ago to let Emmy pack her own things when we both almost died after packing one of her poisonous outfits. Typically she only poisons her clothes with things she makes us build immunity to. I think it was another try on my life. She denies it though.

Emilio finishes up packing and changes quickly and says something about getting some food for us before the airport. Emmy will bitch at us if she doesn't get some type of pastry and if Emilio gets back before she wakes then I may be spared the early morning assassination attempt that is sure to happen. We decided to head to Lille. It was in France we had a small home there where Emmy had a poisons lab and testing subjects. As much as I love killing directly with my hands or knives, watching one of her poisons kill someone was always a fun thing to watch. It would also mean less travel to our next mission.

I look at Emmy with her eyes closed. She looked beautiful, she was always beautiful, however, this peaceful, calm beauty didn't suit her. She was a fighter, a predator, not a calm girl that sits around. That would never be Em.

As I am thinking her eyes snap open and I swear under my breath as her eyes narrow to where her arms were wrapped around me and then to my hand still playing with her hair. She glares at me as she backs up, "Why, pray tell, are your dirty hands all over my beautiful self." She's the one that latched onto me.

"You are the one who grabbed me when I tried to get up."

"You are accusing me of this?" Well, it certainly wasn't my fault. Wouldn't say that though I don't have my death set in stone yet it should be a lot more gory than one of Emmy's poisons.

"Em, it's not a big deal we were all cuddling last night." Her eyes blazed with anger. Fuck. I'm screwed.

"I, my beautiful self, do not cuddle suggest so again and I will carve your eyes out with my dagger." If I were someone else I would be certain the toxic fumes she has inhaled from her poison concocting made her lose her mind but I knew she has always been like this. The real wonder was what her plan was for my eyes.