Chapter Twenty

Adelina's POV

    I sit quietly as Luca and Santiago both try and convince Emilil that their plan wasn't thought out enough to be close to viable and then get Emmy to throw daggers at their heads for 'disrespecting her twin'. The next few hours of our planning were met with the same problems: everything we wanted to do that was logical was nixed by the three Aces.

    I know I would have to convince them to cut our family into the deal, I was just unsure on how to broach the subject with the lunatics. I wish I could say they were once more sane but ever since they left for the specialized training they have been this way. The little kids who would always swear they didn't do anything wrong and would never hurt a fly were gone the minute we were separated from them.

    I watched Emmy spin her dagger in her signature way that somehow looked equally deadly and cute. Ezequiel was focused on his laptop and Emilio watched us or more specifically me. I sigh, "What if we include a mafia?"

    One simple line garnering the attention of everyone, "Whatever do you mean?" Surprisingly Emmy actually seemed to be considering the possibility instead of shutting it down as expected.

    "We could get a mafia to help us, sharing resources and such and I am sure they would love to be able to hire us once The Nightmares are gone." I know Santiago, Luca, and I would be done with killing if we pulled this off however if Emmy, Emilio, and Ezequiel still wanted to it would be better if they worked for our family. Safer.

Emmy hums and twirls her hair, "Well The Nightmares won't be gone we'll just take over them and if we pick the right mafia they will try and kill us, and then we could eliminate all of them and take what we need." My little sister had such a fucked up brain.

"That isn't what I meant, Ems, we would have a lot more manpower and resources with help from a mafia. You also can't just kill an entire mafia and use their resources. The minute the family is gone, the men and people who work for them will leave and you'll have nothing."

She only shrugs in response Emilio rolls his eyes, "Which mafia do you have in mind? I doubt any of them would willingly agree to fighting against an organization of killers."

Ezequiel laughs, "Especially with us."

The Aces never worked with anyone but that didn't stop rumors about them killing the people who help them from spreading. I have always believed that the leaders of the Nightmares had something to do with the rumors, not that it mattered. It would also normally be difficult to convince them to support the change in leadership of The Nightmares the three want. We could pay but in this world money is more of a symbolic piece rather than something people seek. Power is what most strive for. And none of the mafias would normally trust The Aces to get more power other than hiring them for a hit.

"The combined mafia would be willing to help."

Emmy narrows her eyes at me, "Whyever for?"

I shrug, "They like The Roses, we have a good relationship, didn't you three just visit them?"

The three gave us noncommittal shrugs not willing to speak about something that wasn't quite a job but was close enough to where they would be reluctant to share details. Emmy finally shrugs, sensing this topic of conversation would not be shut down easily as she would like, "Fine discuss it with them but we have full ability to kill them if they piss us off."

It was the biggest win we have gotten in this discussion so I didn't push any farther. The Aces went back to planning on what weapons they would use for spilling blood and I leave to call my dad.

I walk to another office area. I don't sit but I look out the window then turn and pull out my phone. I debated on what I planned to say and how I would explain to them what was happening. And how to protect them from my crazy baby siblings.   

He answers on the first ring with a bright hello. He sounds happy, an emotion I don't have much experience with. I repeat the hello with a dull voice.

"Have you found them? Are you okay?"

"We're with them." I ignore the second question, not knowing how to answer.

"And are you all okay?" He was worried it was strange.

"They want to kill all the leaders of The Nightmares and then take over."

He was silent for a moment, "Is it possible?"

I sigh and shrug even though he couldn't see it, "If planned right maybe."

"How can we help?" His willingness to help was expected but his tone was strange.

There was rustling on his side and he told me I was on speakerphone with my two uncles in the room. The three dons of the strongest mafia in the underground, all waiting to hear Emmy's fucked up plan of 'let's just kill them and make sure it's pretty'.

I didn't tell them the plan that wasn't actually a plan knowing The Aces did have a plan that they haven't shared yet. The psychotic lunatics didn't want to show their hand yet and that was fine for the moment as long as they didn't act on anything. Instead, I gave them an overview of what we were working with everything we knew about protocols and the leaders.

Unlike Nacht we didn't know many of the others well most of them were too focused on gaining higher ranks to make allies. The shift in leadership will already be hard for The Nightmares; some of the more rebellious teams already will be causing problems for Cervea. Nacht earned all of our respect over time, Cervea didn't have any of that, no one knew him well enough to trust him. We all knew the risks of our job, knew that the only thing that protects us is our leader's ability to keep things secret. We didn't trust Cervea to protect our information from people who wish us harm.

I look out the window. It was dark out now, quiet. It wouldn't be for long soon The Nightmares would begin to falter. The only thing that was yet to be seen was if any of us would come out alive from it.

"Come back home tomorrow, all of you, and we'll figure it all out together, okay stellina?" (Little star) The hope in his voice was obvious.

I nod and tell them I would try not knowing how to convince Emmalyn, Ezequiel, and Emilio to go to our childhood home they don't have any memories of.

--------

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting

Who likes where the story is going so far?

-Lovefire