Chapter Fourteen

Emmalyn's POV

I turn to the two mafia men staring at us, "Your man inside is dead, but don't fret he was pretty useless anyway." Lio and Ze snort in laughter as the two men just stare at us in confusion. I shrug in annoyance, they should know wasting people's time is rude. "We best be going but I do hope you will be ever so kind as to not complain to the Nightmares about your men's accidental death it truly was a favor to you he was completely incompetent, honest."

I go to open the door and lead the team back to our apartment, "Wait." I stop but do not turn, some mafia man is not worth my precious time. "We won't report you if you do us a favor."

Ze laughs, "We're good."

I hop out of the car sighing as I look into one of the mirrors realizing I, like my teammates, am covered in blood. "It involves killing."

The three of us visibly perk up at the promise of death, "How much?" We didn't have a good job lined up now that this one is over so the prospect of killing could be our fun until we find a good job to take.

"Interrogate a few people for us then you will be free to kill them, I have no doubt your uh tactics are more effective than ours."

I brighten at the compliment and twirl my hair, "We are known as great interrogators and we haven't done such in a while."

Emilio rolls his eyes, "I guess we will do it in return for not reporting us."

"Why don't you want to be reported the rumors claim you three do far worse daily?"

I pout, "They are putting us under lots of supervision because of the gala thing."

"You three were quite um." He pauses searching for the right word to compliment us with, "talented in taking those men out."

I giggle, "Weren't we?"

Ze ever boring cuts in, "What are the details for this job?"

The men glance at one another clearly not sure what to say, "Tomorrow meet us back here, and then you will come with us back to Rome where you will be able to do your job."

I could feel my twin's eyes roll at the man's stupidity. This was soon to be a crime scene and not somewhere we would be returning to. My two teammates quickly set up a better meeting point and we left the car with the intent to head back to our place and get cleaned up. Ze could leave tonight and gather the second payment for the job and we would be ready to leave with the two idiotic men in order to cause severe pain to imprisoned people before giving them the beautiful gift of death.

I do hope there will be an audience to our performance.

---------

We meet the two mafia men at the planned meeting point and this time they were joined by Matias Morales. Three sons of the Italian, Spanish, Russian mafia I hop into their typical black SUV with my twin and best friend following behind me. The three men were alone in the car with Cosimo in the driver's seat looking back at us with a sly calculation in his eyes showing he may not be quite as stupid as I originally believed him to be.

"You look very beautiful today, Corazon."

I beam at Cosimo as he proves he is just a little less stupid than most due to the fact he knew to compliment the most beautiful girl as he should. I twirl a strand of my purple hair around my finger as I smile, "I am quite beautiful every day."

I see the amusement in the three men's eyes however choose to ignore it. Giving it attention would lead to the three's deaths and that unfortunately is not the goal at the moment. "What information do you wish for us to acquire during the interrogation?"