(1) - In The Beginning

Note: Everything written here is purely fiction. Any resemblance to real life is coincidential only. Also I'm not from Thailand so I apologize ahead if I get some things wrong.

I'm so excited for 2gether the movie! ♥️🙏🏻

Chapter 1: In The Beginning...

Arranged marriages is still a popular practice in Bangkok, Thailand. This is particularly true with those families who have a fortune or business to protect. The Chivaaree family was one of these families. Since he was little, the family's only son and heir to the real estate business was already aware that when the time comes his parents will be the one to find him a wife. Bright has already accepted his fate. In fact, he found it convenient because now he didn't need to date around and get his heart broken by girls. He had watched his friends get turned down by girls over and over again during middle school and he just can't imagine what he would do if he was rejected. Instead of girls, he shifted his focus on school, soccer, music, and his friends.

Girls just didn't seem to interest him and one day he finally understood why.

It happened out of nowhere, like an earthquake with no foretelling signs. His world was shook and the landscape has changed.

Bright had never been mesmerized by anyone before, even if there were a lot of women and even men who would try and get his attention. However the moment he saw Win Metawin Opas-Iamkajorn, he suddenly understood all the love songs, love poems, and why his friends kept asking girls out on dates even after being rejected.

Win arrived at his school during the tenth day of class on his last year in senior high school. After growing up in America, Win and his family moved back to Bangkok when Win's mother got remarried. The boy didn't seem to like it here as he was having a hard time understanding the language. However he was lucky to have Love Pattrinite to guide him.

One day, Bright got a chance to get close to the apple of his eye. "Win," he greeted. His face was flat and he felt his arms were looking awkward and stiff. He cleared his throat. His friend, Mike, was smiling maliciously a few meters away.

"Win," he repeated.

Win seemed surprised. "Ah, Bright, yes?" He asked as he put his phone away.

"D-do you play soccer?" Bright asked. The effort to keep his voice from shaking was killing him. Damn it, he had never liked anyone before, let alone another boy. He didn't know how to act. If Win was a girl, maybe it would've been easier to get his attention and get to know him but no, Win had to be a boy.

Win grinned. "Yes, yes, I do! Do you need another player?"

Bright nodded, "Come."

Win happily followed Bright and Mike to the soccer field. After a month of being here at Bangkok International School, no one had really invited him to play. Love said that it could be because most kids here were struggling with English while he was struggling to understand Thai.

"What are you from?" Mike asked when they arrived at the soccer field.

"You mean, where I am from?"

Mike chuckled. "Yes, yes. Where."

"New Jersey." Win replied then he waved hello to the other students who hang out at the bench too. They were changing into their P.E. uniforms.

"Sawadee krab." The other boys greeted Win. They then grouped themselves into two teams. Bright and Win were in one team. Thanks to Mike, Bright's closest friend.