(2) - The Engagement

Chapter 2: The Engagement

Bright had a frown on his face. His brows were knotted together as he read something on his phone. They already found him someone to marry? He scratched the back of his head in frustration. Before he met Win, he would have been okay and nonchalant about this news but right now, he doesn't want to get married to anybody.

Mike seemed to sense his frustrations. "Bai, what's up?" he asked placing a hand on his friend's shoulder.

Bright let the other boy take a peek at his phone.

Mike gave Bright a concerned look. "Damn, come let's eat your feelings away."

"Chan pai la na." Bright said as he picked up his things. "Wai khuy kan wan lang na."

Win saw Bright walking away. He turned to Mike. "Where is he going? Home already?"

Mike nodded as he tidied up his clothes.

Win sat down on the bench with a sigh. There goes his Operation Bright-Love! Maybe next time will be more successful.

After a meal with Mike and Gunsmile, Win and Love were riding in their car on the way back home. "Did you have fun?" Win asked his sister. He was the one behind the wheel. He stopped at a red light. "Was it boring just watching?"

"Not at all, P'Win! I had so much fun. I didn't know P'Mike and P'Gunsmile were so funny."

Win wiggled his eyebrows. "What about Bright?"

"He is rather dry."

"Dry?!" Win exclaimed. He recalled the corny jokes of his friend and how he found it humorous. He didn't think Bright was dry. In fact, he enjoyed teasing the boy because his reactions were priceless. He would look annoyed but Win could tell that he was just trying to stick to his cool boy image so he doesn't laugh so much.  "He is just slow to warm."

Love poked his sides, "What a loyal friend you are!"

Win chuckled. "Stop it! We might crash!"

Bright's home

All the lights were turned on in their home when Bright arrived

All the lights were turned on in their home when Bright arrived. A helper came and hurried got all the things Bright has been holding. "They are waiting for you in the dining." She whispered with her head bent down.

Bright nodded and made his way to the dining room. Their house wasn't super large. There in the long table sat his mom, his dad, his two uncles, one aunt, and the scariest one of all, his grandfather.