(17) - Home Sweet Home

Chapter 17: Home Sweet Home

Maak, the family driver of the Opas-iamkajorn, came early to wait for the arrival of Win's plane. When Win came out the doors of the airport, Maak quickly rushed to assist him with his bags. "Nong Win," Maak greeted with a toothy grin. "Welcome home krub."

"Sawasdee Krub, P'Maak." Win greeted, trying hard to recall some Thai words. But none came, he was lost after not speaking it for so long. Maybe it will come back to him later. He and Luke would speak English back kn America so they can be fluent at it since racism was still a thing there. "Uhm, how are you?"

"Okay, okay." Maak replied, opening the door for Win.

"Love?"

"Uh, home."

Win nodded and pulled out his phone. He was back. He missed the smell of Bangkok, the busy streets, and the traffic. He opened the window and grinned. "I missed you Bangkok!" He yelled, which caused some people to glance at him. A biker even gave him the finger because he got surprised by Win's voice that he almost toppled over. "Sorry!" Win apologized with a smile.

Then he looked up and saw a familiar face in the billboards.

"Vachirawit?! Wow!" Win gasped as he sat back down and closed the window

"Vachirawit?! Wow!" Win gasped as he sat back down and closed the window. "I didn't know he was billboard famous. He's so unreachable now."

"Yes, yes. Your friend." Maak said, trying his best to converse even if his english was limited. "He came to house. I never forget. He cry and talk to Love."

Win stiffened. "What? When was that?"

Maak looked thoughtful. "I think when you fly."

"Ah. I had no idea." Win said softly. No one ever informed him. Did his parents not know? And how could Love not let him know? How hard was her heart?! The grip on his phone tightened. He tried his best to understand her but to not tell him when Bright came to talk with her was just beyond him.

What could they have talked about? Win thought as his hands typed Bright's Instagram handle on the search bar. He had been doing it a lot so every time he would check Instagram, it would be the first thing he does. However Bright has a lot of followers now, almost 2 million so he probably doesn't notice if Win accidentally liked his posts.

Bright posted a picture 3 hours ago.