Chapter 2

(Kacchan POV)

My body tenses as I feel Deku's leg touch my own but I keep looking at my phone. A few minutes later my vision is blurred by a mass of green hair. I look at Deku. He is fast asleep and sliding towards my shoulder. I sit their stock still as his head rests on my shoulder. My heart races at the closeness but I try to ignore it. Why would he do what he did for me? It's not like I've been nice to him for a long time. He deliberately made himself look weak in front of everyone to stop people from realizing that I was scared and weak. As his hair tickled my nose I got hit with a sweet strawberry smell, it took me back to when we were little. Deku always smelled like strawberries. I pushed the hair off my nose surprised at the smooth fluffy texture. I ran my fingers through his hair again deeper this time, my hand became engulfed in his green strawberry-scented hair. Deku let out a soft sigh and my heart began to beat faster again. I could feel my face get hot and was glad that we were alone without all the extras. I continued to pull my hand through his hair, it was strangely therapeutic.

I inched my head closer to Deku's gently resting it on top of his as my eyes began to feel heavy in the dark bus. I don't know why but being close to him seemed to set me at ease.

Suddenly there was a clatter of the bus doors and what seemed to be hundreds of excited voices. I jumped awake causing Deku to do the same. He stared at me instantly turning pink as he realized his head was on my shoulder. He put up his hands defensively as he tried to mutter an apology. But was cut short by Kirishima and Kaminary bouncing on to their seat in front of us and leaning over the seat looking at us.

"What happened Midoriya? You ok man? You missed the best bit: the clowns were hilarious." Kirishima asked as he shoved a picture of them in our faces.

Before I could even react Deku swiped the phone out of his hand turning it away from me saying it "cool" and handed it back to him.

"I felt sick must have been the second hotdog." he laughed, rubbing the back of his neck.

There he goes again saving me from a Shittyhair and the clown. I'm actually impressed how easily and convincingly he lied to everyone, nobody thought for a second he was lying. I smile in spite of myself and Deku glances at me pulling his brows together, he is actually kind of cute when he does that. I quickly turn my head to hide my red face.

The entire ride back I am hyper-aware of every bump in the road as it causes Deku's leg and arm to graze mine, each time leaving goosebumps in their place.

It is quite late when we get back and I head straight to my dorm, I flop down on my bed staring at the ceiling. Images of Deku's face as he slept on my shoulder swirl behind my eyelids as I close them. My eyes snap open and I grab my chest. Why is my heart beating so fast? It can't be because of the Nerd, because of Izuku. My heart raced again at the thought of his first name, I rolled over and buried my head in my pillow.

"Shower, I need a shower," I say aloud trying to disperse my thoughts.

After my shower, I fling on some sweatpants and lay back on my bed, and fall asleep.

I am walking through the school halls to class, just as I get to the door there is a strange noise inside. I creak the door open and the class is empty. I slowly walk in and the hairs on my arms shoot up and my blood runs cold freezing me in place.

Aizawa is standing at his desk in his yellow sleeping bag, he turns to face me and lets the sleeping bag fall to the floor. But it isn't Aizawa in the sleeping back, it is Pennywise and he towers above me like I am a small kid again. I try to move my feet and run but they seem stuck. My heart begins to race as he takes a step closer to me. I tried to blow him up with my quirk but he just laughed at me wiggling a long white finger at me.