Chapter 9

(Kacchan POV)

"What do you want to do first, Babe?" I ask Izu as I kiss his hand.

He points up to the largest roller coaster at the fair and my heart races, I smile wildly. I didn't think I could love him more but damn he knows what I like. We all headed there excitedly. There is a long line for the ride, I stand behind Izu and put my arms around his waist resting my head on his shoulder as he talks to Kaminari. I see Kirishima smile at me and he puts his arms around Kaminari's waist and relaxes. I grab my phone and snap a photo of them sending it to our chat. It feels good being able to share this with my friends. I'm brought out of my thoughts as Izu kisses my cheek and points at the line. I didn't notice it move, I shuffled along with him not wanting to let him go and he chuckled.

After about ten minutes it's finally our turn to go on. I file in next to Izu and Kaminari and Kirishima goes behind us. The hard harness slides over our heads and a girl walks over pushing them down to make sure they're all secure, she gets to Izu's and pushes it smiling at him batting her eyes. Izu is looking at me excitedly and doesn't pay her any attention. I smile and grab his hand and she stalks off to finish her rounds. I hear a whoop from behind us and Izu laughs. My heart races thumping against the restraint. I squeeze his hand as the ride judders forward. We are pressed against the back of the seats as we rise sharply. We slowly move higher and higher, as we get to the top the view opens up and we can see for miles. I look at Izu and he smiles back. Suddenly the wind is whipping our hair off our faces as we soar down to the ground, hands raised above our heads, Izu is squealing happily in his seat and I can hear Kirishima behind me whooping. We soar right into a double loop de loop before shooting down again. Suddenly the ride is over and we are back where we started laughing.

We all climbed out, hearts racing we headed to the photo booth. I search the electronic board until I find one of the four of us. Kaminari's face is worth the money alone; he looks utterly terrified, his hands are gripping the restraint tightly and his jaw is clamped shut. I pay for four copies and hand them out.

Next, we head to the bumper cars and I look at Izu. When we were younger he was banned from them for the summer. He somehow managed to ram into someone so hard that their car nearly tipped over. They thought he must have used his quirk but didn't know at the time that he didn't have one.

As we each climbed into our own cars I looked over at Izu. I was reminded of an old cartoon with goofy, he was all mild-mannered until he got behind the wheel of a car and turned into the devil. That was the devilish look on Izu's face as he smiled at me. I slammed my foot on the accelerator as soon as I heard the car humm to life. I got about a foot before he crashed into me laughing menacingly and I battered about in the car, panicked I turned the wheel trying my best to put space between our cars. I breathed a sigh of relief when he made a beeline for Kaminari. I began to try to catch up to him hoping he wouldn't see me first. But he clocked me and spun his car facing me and started coming at me head-on, I bailed at the last second turning the opposite way but he still managed to swerve hitting my car and I spun around crashing into the barrier. I looked up in time to see Kirishima weaving trying to shake off Izu as he screamed out help to Kaminari but Izu smacked into him just before the cars powered down. I let out a sigh thankful that it was over.

I stepped over the barrier and was joined by a shaky Kaminari and Kirishima. Izu walked up to us with a huge smile on his face.

"That was fun," he said innocently. We all looked at each other and burst out laughing. More like terrifying.

I told the others about the time he was banned from them as we walked over to the food stalls. Kirishima whispered thought he should have got a lifetime ban as he rubbed his bruised back.