Chapter 16: A Difficult Apology

In the last chapter we got to see just how much the events of Landschaft had an affect on Draven. There is also his concern over the Ecliptic Blades despite his best efforts to remain calm.

Aura was really stressing out at the moment as she was trying to think of a way to apologize to Lord Draven for what she did the last time they talked to one another. "Why did I yell at Lord Draven like that? He was just concerned and I hit him for it!" Aura thought to herself as she wanted to slam her head against a tree. "A-Aura, I'm sure it's fine Lord Draven said he didn't blame you." Mare said as he tried to reassure his sister that everything would workout just fine. Aura whipped around to stare at her brother who flinched under her sister's gaze.

Mare quivered as he was afraid his sister would hurt him for what he said. Aura realized that she was scaring her brother as she let out a sad sigh. "I'm sorry Mare, it's just I really care about Lord Draven and I'm angry at myself." Aura said as she turned to walk away from her brother. Mare watched his sister go with a worried look in his eyes. "Aura....you really can be stubborn sometimes, I hope your willing to be honest for once." Mare said before he started walking back to his garden to tend to his plants. Mare still couldn't help but worry about his sister as she had been in a rut for the past week over this.

With Aura
Aura walked through the halls of Nazarick as her mind was still plagued with the memory of how she treated Lord Draven. Aura wasn't paying attention to where she was going and ended up bumping into someone, which caused her to fall down onto the ground. "Oh! Aura are you okay?" Aura looked up to see Shalltear standing over her looking down at her with a slightly amused look on her face. "Yeah I'm fine Shalltear, just thinking about something important." Aura mumbled as Shalltear could see that whatever it was it had Aura quite distraught.

Shalltear dragged Aura to a room where they could talk in private about what's bothering her. "Alright Aura, tell me what's been bothering you." Shalltear said in a serious tone as Aura was nervous, but knew that Shalltear wasn't going to let her leave until she came clean. Aura began recounting her last conversation she had with Lord Draven and the rather sour note that it had ended on. When she finished explaining everything to Shalltear she looked up nervously expecting her to be angry with her. To her surprise Shalltear looked like she understood her situation and didn't seem angry with her.

"You were just worried about Lord Draven, we all are. Ever since the encounter with that Ecliptic Blade he has been concerned ever since." Shalltear said as a concerned look spread across her face. "I know Mare said Lord Draven didn't blame me, but I still feel like I should apologize." Aura said as her ears drooped in sadness. A smirk spread across Shalltear's face that made Aura's skin crawl. "Well there is one thing you could do if it's so important to you." Shalltear said as one of her fangs was visible in her smile. "W-What is it?" Aura asked nervously as she really didn't want to know the answer.

                 Shalltear leaned in closely before whispering her plan in the dark elf's ear. Aura's face erupted into a blush as Shalltear let out a small giggle. "Y-You know I don't like wearing stuff like that!" Aura stuttered out as Shalltear only continued to giggle. "It's just a suggestion Aura, the final decision is still yours. You should just go see Lord Draven, I believe he's in his workshop right now." Shalltear said before taking her leave from the room. Aura sighed before getting up from her chair as well and exiting the room. "I should probably just go see Lord Draven." Aura mumbled to herself before heading towards the young Lord's workshop.

Draven's Workshop
Draven was currently working on his most recent project that would help him in combat. He had also been working on magic objects that could help the Floor Guardians as well. Draven's work was interrupted by a knock on the door to his workshop. "Probably one of the maids coming to check on me." Draven mumbled to himself as he took off his work gloves before walking towards the door to the room. Draven opened it and was surprised to find Aura standing there. "Oh, Aura what can I do for you?" Draven asked as an awkward silence fell between the two of them as they stared at each other.