Chapter 1: Escape and the Overlord!

So let Draven's adventure begin! It's time for home to make a daring escape from his captors and finally be free to live his life! Although who might the young boy meet along the way?

Draven ran, ran as fast as his short legs would carry him as he heard the city guard approaching. The 10 year old boy quickly jumped into a nearby barrel as he waited for the guards to run past his hiding place. Draven quickly hopped out of the barrel before setting his sights on the gate that led out of the city. Draven was almost through the gate, this was his chance! "Hey! There's the little brat!" One of the guards shouted as they continued their pursuit of him. "How sloppy of me, I should have been more careful!" Draven thought to himself as he ran through the gate before turning to face the guards as they approached the gate.

"Glacial Wall!" Draven shouted as he put his hands out in front of him as a wall of ice formed, locking the guards in the city. Draven quickly turned on his heel before running down the dirt pathway. "The wall won't hold for long, if only I had a staff to enhance my spells! Although if my body wasn't so weak, it would be stronger!" Draven thought to himself once again as he continued to run. Draven has made it a good way away from the city as he finally thought he was free from the life of a tool to be used by others! Unfortunately Draven wasn't paying attention to the path in front of him as he bumped into someone.

Draven fell to the ground as he inhaled a sharp breath in pain. "Oh? What's a child like you doing out here by yourself?" Draven looked up at who he bumped into, only to find a skeleton in robes looking down at him.

 "Oh? What's a child like you doing out here by yourself?" Draven looked up at who he bumped into, only to find a skeleton in robes looking down at him

Before Draven could answer the skeleton however the guards had gotten through the ice wall. "There you are you little brat!" The head guard said as he tried to reach for Draven, only for the Skeleton to cast a spell that burnt him to a crisp. The guard's charred body fell to the ground before breaking into dust. Draven looked over his shoulder as he witnessed what just happened.

               Ainz looked down at the human child with a curious look in his eyes. "I sense great magical power within this child. There is also this foreign power that seems connected to his magic power." Ainz thought you himself as he continued to study the boy. "Kill that monster!" One of the other guards shouted as he and the rest of the guards charged towards Ainz, only to to suffer the same fate as their leader. Ainz once again turned his attention back towards the child. Ainz grabbed the boy by the back of his clothes before gently placing him back on his feet.

"What is your name young one?" Ainz asked as he waited for the child to respond. "Draven sir." The boy responded as Ainz thought about what he should say next. "My name is Ainz Ooal Gown, the tyler of the Great Tomb of Nazarick." Ainz introduces himself to Draven as the boy's eyes went wide. "I heard of you, but I never thought I'd meet you." Draven said as Ainz was taken aback by his statement. "How could this child know about Nazarick? We have kept ourselves hidden from most of the inhabitants of this world." Ainz thought to himself as he studied Draven.