Chapter 20: The Prince's Purpose

So here we are, the final Chapter in the First Arc of Draven's story. Once this is posted, the next part will be 8 Years in the future from the events of this chapter. I know that this has taken a long time, I suppose the major roadblock I faced, were certain emotions and contemplating this story as a whole. I will not bore you with the details here, I will go into detail in the Chapter's end note. Now let us join Draven in his last moments before the timeskip.

It had been five months since Draven's encounter with Nigredo and Pestonya, things in Nazarick had certainly changed in that time. Nigredo and Pestonya now served under Draven directly, assisting their young lord in his endeavors along with keeping a watchful eye on him. The young lord continued to improve his runesmithing and crafting of enchanted items. He particularly focused on his magic staff crafting, wishing to make the perfect magic staff for his own use. While he would forever cherish the staff given to him by his father, he wanted to craft one himself, one that he could be proud of. However the most notable change was the young lord's attitude, Draven now actively took more breaks from his studies and found time to relax.

          The young lord was fast asleep in bed as the door opened, Albedo stepping into the room. Albedo walked over to the bed before sitting down next to Draven, gently petting his head. "Lord Draven, it is time to wake up." Albedo said gently as the young boy began to stir as he let out a gentle yawn. Draven looked around, his vision blurry as he gently rubbed his eyes. Draven locked eyes with Albedo who gently smiled at him. "Good morning Lord Draven." Albedo said as she continued to pet his head. Draven sat up and let out another small yawn. "Good morning Albedo, did I sleep in again?" Draven asked the Succubus with a curious look on his face. Albedo gently ruffled Draven's hair before standing up from the bed.

"Yes, it is roughly nine in the morning." Albedo said as Draven let out a frustrated groan at that piece of information. "Once again I waste valuable time on sleep." Draven groaned in frustration as he ran a hand through his black hair. Albedo let out a small giggle at the young lord's frustration. "Considering you are a child, you should be getting all the sleep you can get." Albedo said as she opened Draven's wardrobe before pulling out a set of clothes for him to wear for the day. Draven removed the covers from his body as he drops out of his bed before walking over to Albedo and taking his clothes. Draven changed into his clothes for the day before turning to Albedo who waited by the door to his bedroom. "We should be in our way Lord Draven, Lord Ainz wishes to continue your training." Albedo stated as Draven nodded before following the succubus out of his bedroom.

Draven followed behind the succubus as he noticed that Albedo had a slight bounce in her step. "Has something good recently happened Albedo?" Draven asked with curiosity in his tone as he watched the succubus closely. Albedo looked at Lord Draven, a gentle smile on her face. "Today marks one year since you became the prince of the Great Tomb Lord Draven! I think that is something to be celebrated." Albedo explained in a joyous tone as Draven was slightly taken aback by her words. "Has it truly already been a year since I first set foot in Nazarick? To think it's been a year since I was last imprisoned for my powers." Draven thought to himself as he was still in disbelief it had been that long since he first entered Nazarick. The primary reason for this disbelief, was that Nazarick had barely made any major conquests since he entered its halls.

"This makes zero logical sense, Nazarick has superior power to most kingdoms in the land. How exactly have we barely made progress in a year's time? Something does not add up in this equation." Draven thought to himself as he was trying to figure out what exactly could cause a lack of conquest. Draven however was pulled from his thoughts by Albedo resting a hand on his shoulder. Draven looked up into Albedo's eyes, noticing the concern in them. "Lord Draven, are you well? You appeared distressed just now." Albedo said with concern evident in her voice. Draven mentally slapped himself, realizing he let his confusion over the perplexing situation show on his face. Draven let out a sigh before gently taking Albedo's hand.