Chapter 17: Summoning Training

In the last chapter, Aura went to apologize to Draven for their rather negative interaction after the incident. Now he has to continue working on his personal projects to better himself. Of course he still has much to learn.

Draven was currently working within his workshop on yet another project of his, particularly a long term project that the young lord estimated would take a few years to complete. "While I appreciate father giving me a magic staff, he did say only a mage can make their own ultimate weapon." Draven mumbled to himself as he quickly pulled out a pair of red gloves that he promptly slipped onto his hands.

These were of course protective gloves that prevent magic from harming the wearer, of course this only applies to objects

These were of course protective gloves that prevent magic from harming the wearer, of course this only applies to objects. "Now let's see if I can do this correctly." Draven said as he opened a containment box that held a rather sinister red crystal.

Draven pulled out the Crystal before gently setting it on his work bench and grabbing proper protective gear. "Now to refine this Dark Sun Crystal, I can at least do that much." Draven mumbled to himself as he began cutting and shaping the red crystal both carefully and methodically. After little over an hour of slow, but intense work, Draven was able to refine the crystal into a perfect sphere.

"Perfect, unfortunately I won't be able to use this to make a Magic Staff until I perfect my staff crafting skills

"Perfect, unfortunately I won't be able to use this to make a Magic Staff until I perfect my staff crafting skills." Draven said as he looked over his shoulder at a couple of prototype staffs that he had been working on. Draven sighed before grabbing the Dark Sun Crystal before putting it back in the containment box before closing it up and finally removing the protective gloves.

"I should probably call it a day before Albedo or Shalltear start to worry about me." Draven mumbled to himself before closing up his workshop for the day. Draven walked down the hallway as he read a book from his library. This book had "Ecliptic Blades" written on the front cover. Draven was honestly shocked by this book on what was currently the one thing that scared him. "My Library reveals the secrets to everything, yet the Ecliptic Blades themselves are such a simple organization that there isn't much to learn." Draven thought to himself as he continued down the hallway deep in contemplation.