Chapter 7: Ogre Stronghold!

In the last chapter Narberal and Draven went out to the Adventurer's Guild to get Draven used to real combat. What awaits them in the Ogre Stronghold?

Draven and Narberal walked through the forest as they searched for the Ogre Stronghold that was mentioned on the quest paper. "Lord Draven, are you sure that you want to do this?" Narberal said as she looked over at her young master in slight worry. "Narberal, I do appreciate the concern, but I also want to be useful to Nazarick. I can't just provide the Infinite Library." Draven said as he continued to walk through the woods. Narberal looked at Draven with worry, but opted to protect him when they finally reach their destination of the Ogre stronghold.

Draven spotted an entire stone village that had a large wall made of spiked wooden pieces. "It appears that we have arrived Narberal." Draven said as he and Narberal hid behind a trees as they spied on the stronghold from a distance. Narberal spotter one of the inhabitants of the stronghold standing guard out in front of the gate. The Ogre appears to be around ten feet tall and was carrying a large wooden club with spikes.

"Rather intimidating aren't they?" Draven said sarcastically as he looked at the large monster with a trained eye

"Rather intimidating aren't they?" Draven said sarcastically as he looked at the large monster with a trained eye. "Lord Draven, do you wish for me to attack? I could wipe these Ogres with ease." Narberal said as she readied her magic staff to destroy the Ogre. "Hold on Narberal, I think I have a spell that will make our job easier." Draven said as he stepped out from behind the tree and pointed Crimson Moon at the Ogre Stronghold.

Draven focused himself as the sphere started to spin on Crimson Moon as Icicle blue magic circles form in the sky above Draven as large Icicles came out of them. "Icicle Bombardment!" Draven shouted as the giant icicles flew towards the stronghold before impacting. Once the icicles hit the stronghold, ice spread all across the stronghold freezing everything in the area.

Draven let out a slightly exhausted sigh as he looked at the now frozen over stronghold with a proud smile on his face

Draven let out a slightly exhausted sigh as he looked at the now frozen over stronghold with a proud smile on his face. "Lord Draven, when did you learn that?" Narberal asked as she didn't remember Draven knowing any ice spells. "Aside from Dark Magic, Ice Magic is my other specialty." Draven said as he wiped a bit of sweat from his forehead as he finally regained composure.