Chapter: 40

"The Man Who Can Keep A Secret May Be Wise, But He Is Not Half As Wise As The Man With No Secrets To Keep." ~ E.W. Howe

-------------------------

Adriano Pov~

Matteo looks up at the paper with utter disbelief on his face, but that quickly changes to nasty rage as he glances over to Aldo. I slowly make my way to Matteo to snatch the paper out his hands to take over the the council for further proof.

"Isotta you've known me from the day I was born. Would I ever deceive you?" I say as I hand her the paper. She seems to have gotten paler as she grabs the paper from my hands.

"I will not sit here and take this blasphemy, these lies are false!" Also exclaims as he stands up from his chair.

This man had no chance now. It wasn't easy obtaining that one piece of paper. Took a lot of phone calls, and digging and maybe a little spilt blood. 

Aldo had the audacity to accuse my family of treason, of being an abomination to the Italian name.

Yet here he was on his high horse, with the same blood he hated so much running through his disgusting veins.

Isotta glances over the paper, and hands it over to her fellow council members to look over.

"We will take 15 to talk and examine further this new evidence." Isotta calls out.

"Isotta you-" Isotta cuts her head towards aldo shutting him up "We will reconvene then. And if I were you Aldo, I would get my story straight."

I nod my head at her, bowing slightly as they rose and walked out the side door, I looked over at Aldo, winked at him and smirked as he huffed like a little kid.

I turned and made my way over to Matteo who was surrounded by my other trusted men.

Upon seeing me they drop conversation and stood up taller. I smiled at my guys and tucked my hands in my pockets waiting for the questions to role.

"How?" Was all Matteo asked. My brother was a lot of things, and a man of few words was not one of them. Unlike me, he was very vocal.

"I had to trust a very, very untrustworthy person. Or else this would not have worked. I will explain fully later when everyone's around. I know they're gonna have questions." I say as I glance over to my wife as she was talking and looking at me at the same time.

"Adriano that changed everything. If you had that stupid piece of paper this whole time, why wait so long?" Gio asked. Matteo nodding along with him. "Yea." He murmurs in agreeance crossing his arms.

"I had to play the long game. I had to wait for my source, and I knew it had to be official, it had to be at a court hearing for Aldo to finally get what he deserves."

They opened their mouths to ask more but I put my hand up silencing them "Just trust me. I will explain everything later I promise."

"We will always trust you fratello. But that doesn't mean you still don't confuse the hell out of us." Matteo smirked.

I rolled my eyes and glanced one more times at my family. They were just as confused as my brother and men. I slapped Luca on his shoulder as I turned around to walk back over to Aldo who was still glued to his seat.

I tried really hard to reign my hatred in but it was a violent rage at this point.

I stopped right in front of him and just looked at him. He was sweating, leg shaking, but expressionless.