Chapter: 34

~ "Being brave means to know something is scary, difficult, and dangerous, and doing it anyway, because the possibility of winning the fight is worth the chance of doing it." ~ Emillie Autumn

Alessandra Pov~

Leo paced back and forth as we all waited in the living room. The kids were still all sprawled out with no regard for the ensuing danger approaching. The moms were trying to distract everyone as our fathers had went out to the foyer to wait for the boys arrival. We didn't know exactly what got them so riled when dad got off the phone but it must be serious. 

I pushed myself off of the soft couch and made my way over to a pacing Leo. I grabbed his shoulders lightly stopping him on his mission to wear out his shoes. "What's wrong Leo?' 

"Something's not right. And I know that's very vague considering we are basically at war here. But somethings off. If Aldo and his crew's goal is to get rid of us, why are they running? Why did Clara run when she had been here all week even when he had kale locked up downstairs? And why are they only after Ales and not the rest of us it would be much easier for them to pick off the younger kids not one of the oldest. We are missing something so important." He rattled off with big eyes. 

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came to mind, because Leo actually had a point. We were missing a vital piece of the puzzle. I looked back at him as he turned away and marched out the room towards the foyer. "Don't follow me. I'll be back." He called out in a cold tone. 

I huffed and went to sit back in my own chair to think over the possible information we are missing. 

Leonardo Pov

"Dad!" I called out as I walked towards my dad and uncles. They all turned to me with a hard expressions, obviously I had interrupted a heated discussion. "Leo what are you doing here. We told you to watch over everyone." My dad Gio said. He was pissed for sure but I had to find out more info. 

"Look I've been thinking and this whole situation doesn't make any sense. If Aldo was going to get rid of us by now, why would he leave. And Aldo seems like a very thought out guy, he wouldn't leave any loose ties to the place where he would go. The guy just giving up so easily just because AJ threatened him a lil seems fishy. If they were trained anything like we were they would know how to take a "little pain". I rambled off relaying every possible scenario in my head. 

"You think Aldo and Clara didn't actually leave." Uncle Adriano spoke up. He eyes in slits as he stared me down. I swallowed and nodded slightly. No matter how long I've been with my uncle he was still a scary fucker .

Then something inside of Adriano snapped. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number. I looked at uncle Matteo in worry. He looked at his brother with the same expression. Then dread filled his eyes, but made me even more confused. Who was he calling? 

Uncle Adriano hung up and turned to face us. "They aren't answering." He whispered in an unnerving tone. One look my way had given me the answer to my question. The boys were in trouble. 

"Shit." I cursed and looked at the men ready to hear the plan of action. Uncle Adriano snapped right into action. 

"Matteo get Luca and Stefano on the phone have them track down the truck the boys were using and where it is. Gio, you and I are going to inform the wives and Leo you are responsible to keep them safe in the safe room all the way in the bottom floor. I'll call Aldo and hope he picks up, let's hear what the fucker has to say for himself."

Everyone leapt into action. I grabbed more ammo from the storage room and strapped myself with hidden knives, and a few guns. I grabbed a few daggers and guns for the moms and boys. They were trained after all, and if shit went down I would need all the help I would get.