Chapter: 16

AJ Pov~

"Who is Kale Giordano?" I asked my father and uncle Matteo. They were telling me about the encounter they had with the group that were following us yesterday.

"Luca found out he lives about an hour away. He has no ties to the Italian Mafia. I would remember if there was a Giordano family. I sent Giovanni to scope put his house, see if he lives with anyone or if he is isolated." Matteo informs, as he unbottons his jacket taking a seat next to me in my father's office.

"While Gio handles Kale, we need to shift our focus on The Council. So far they remain quiet and that could mean they are brewing up something....dangerous. I thought Kale and The Council were connected but after going through the history and files I found, there seems to be no connection." My father said in his business tone. The time that meant he wasn't fucking around anymore.

"Are you fucking kidding me! We have 2 threats against us now!" I exclaim balling my fist against my thighs. My anger rose profusely as I thought about the fuckers who seem to be mentally stupid to think they can come against us and actually have a chance of coming out of this victouriously.

"We are dealing with it. Right now let's just be fucking grateful no one has found our house yet." Matteo said rolling his eyes.

Pops eyes grew darker as his mind seem to run a million miles a second. He was analyzing every situation, every possibility to ensure his family was safe.

"All we know is that none of them struck yet. If we are gonna play this game with The Council we have to be in the lead. We have to make sure we know what there next 3 move is before they even do. AJ I need you and Marcio to try to dig up any information on the Council. I went through all the paperwork already. I want you to go and try to talk to some of the men you see on the stteet." Pops commanded.

I scrunched up in confusion. "What? You want us to talk to the Italian Mafia out in the open?"

He shook his head yes. "They need to know you aren't afraid of them. Show no mercy, they probably won't know much but get as much information as you can."

I sighed and thought this over. If we were to draw them out that wouldn't be too hard. They were shitty at blending in, so we could spot them out easily. The tough part would be grabbing their attention without causing a scene.

We don't want to go public with this but pops wants to make sure they know we aren't afraid of making a scene if need be.

"Dean and Michel need new clothes." Unc said making me glance over at him catching what he was saying.

"Take them shopping, leave them if you have to if you see a mafia man. Dean and Michel can take care of themselves." Pops said with this serious look on his face.

My eyebrows furrowed. "Michel's 10 and Dean's 13 are you sure they can take of themselves?" I question not 100% positive they came take on full grown mafia men or regular people if needed.

My dad had a millimeter smirk on his face. "I trained those boys myself. They are more than ready. They don't need weapons to fight, they were trained to take on men 5 times their size. You need to focus on the job i'm giving you."

I huffed and nodded understanding what he was saying. "What are you guys gonna do today?"

Unc smirked and My dad only looked at me. I raised my eyebrows wondering what they could be thinking.

"We have some other Council business to take care of today. We probably won't see you guys till late tonight. Be careful, call if you need back up." My dad said as he stood up buttoning his suit jacket. Power move.