Chapter: 2

"Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily, even if you had no title or position." ~ Brian Tracy 

-----------------------------------------------

Adriano Pov~ 

"Pops you really think this is that serious? We don't even know what the fucking problem is." A.J. asked as he sat on the edge of my desk. I looked at him from my seat behind my desk. Matteo and his son Marcio sat on the sofa analyzing the situation at hand. 

I threw the pen I was fiddling with on my desk and nodded. "My father told us about the Basilio Council when we were just kids we couldn't even fully speak yet. Ever since then we have known this council does not have have disagreements. They give options, if you choose the wrong one your killed. That's it. But from what we're hearing this has got to be serious." I explained looking at Matteo who gave me back a nod.

"Our informant in Italy claims the talk is about the next line of Boss's. I don't know if that is 100% true so I will be headed to Italy to see first hand what the fuck is going on." Matteo said. 

"Wait your going to Italy? I thought Italy was this forbidden place we weren't allowed to visit." Marcio inquired looking over at his father. 

"Well I can see why you would be forbidden to enter the country, no one wants to see an ugly mutherfucker like you." A.J. mocks with a smirk. 

Marcio got up about to attack but Matteo got up stopping him "Sit." Marcio begrudgingly sat down. "This isn't nothing to fuck over. You both need to realize that this could be something you both have to deal with if Matteo and I happen to die tomorrow." I growled out, slamming my palm down on the desk. 

These fucking kids aren't taking this seriously. That's why Matteo and I always make it a habit to involve our boys into the Mafia business, they were old enough, about our same age when we started taking the position full throttle. I'm not going anywhere soon, neither is Matteo but we needed to prepare them for the job. So when they were able to take the title they would know exactly what to do. 

"Sorry boss." Marcio and A.J. say. "I leave for Italy tomorrow. Luca will be accompanying me, I  expect you to fulfill your role while I am gone." Matteo instructed his son. Marcio's eyes widened "You want me to be second?" He asked puzzled. 

Matteo looked over at me, wanting me to step in. "Marcio you and A.J. will be taking over for a couple of days. I have to also leave the state, I am following a lead in the south. I have to handle this one myself, Giovanni will be coming with me." 

The door opens and in walks Giovanni and his eldest son Leonardo. "Sorry we are late, Leena insisted on us spending quality time together." Giovanni said rolling his eyes. "She's a nut case that one" Leo said plopping down next to Marcio, Gio stood off to the side. 

I smirked at Leena's crazy self forcing her husband and sons to stay after dinner. "What'd we miss?" Gio asked leaning against the wall. 

I informed them of the situation at hand. "Leo your gonna stand in for my place." Gio said to his son. "What is it you exactly do?" Leo said crossing his arms over his chest, his eyes on his father. 

"I am the one who protects the Capo and his Second boss. If anything happens to them I have to take full responsibility, becoming temporary boss in their place. I guard them with my life, while also helping them with whatever they need." Gio informed his son.  

"So he's like our assistant slave?" Marcio said with an evil glint in his eyes. 

"No. We treat each other with respect and loyalty, not afraid to lay down our lives for one another. Brotherhood, remember. Remember the oath you took? Pretty soon it will be the official blood oath, but not yet." I said looking at the 3 boys.