Chapter: 14

Ales Pov~

I held on to my sister's with my stomach in knots. We watched intently as we heard clicks behind the door. AJ was the one with the gun pointed directly at the door.

When the others heard the sound all their guns and attention aimed for that door. Their expressions were stoic and hard. Eyes squinted and focused, forms rigid and straight. They were ready for any outcome that was about to be thrown at them.

The door opened and a scream echoed through the house. There stood in the doorway a short plump little old lady. Her hair was short and fully gray, and her hand was on her heart at the sight of 5 men pointing guns in her face.

My instincts clicked immediately as I rushed towards the lady, obviously she was Mrs. Hart, the owner of the house.

"We are so sorry to scare you. We won't hurt you I promise." I said as soothingly as possible stepping infront of the boys with my hands slightly out towards her.

"What is the meaning of this?" Her face turned hard and serious as her thick accent shown through her English words.

She looked like my grandma when she was pissed off at us. "And you boys, put those things down. How dare you point those killing machines at me, in my house!" She said her strength showing through her words.

I looked back at the boys as they dropped there hands with the guns in it. "I'm so sorry. We mean you no harm. We just wanted a place to stay for the night and your house was the closest thing." I say reassuringly with a small smile.

She came into the house and shut the door behind her. "Where are the couple that was staying here?" She asked.

AJ stepped forward and handed her the note "Ci dispiace per aver spaventato la signora Hart." AJ spoke with a sincere smile.

(Translation: We are sorry for scaring you Mrs.Hart)

Mrs. Hart smiled back at him after reading the note. Raf stepped closer to her and said genuinely "Non volevamo davvero causare problemi alla signora Hart. Vedi, stiamo cercando di proteggere la nostra famiglia da questi cattivi che stanno venendo dopo di noi."

(Translation: We really did not mean to cause you any trouble Mrs. Hart. You see, we are trying to protect our family from these bad men that are coming after us.)

Mrs. Hart smiled and waved her hand dismissively "Stay as long as you want." As if on cue Marcio's stomach growls rippled through the room.

 "Oh you must be hungry let me cook you all up something to eat." She said in English. That's the charm Raf  had on people.

He could make mass murderers apologize if he wanted too. That's why he got the nickname "The Golden Boy". He was too perfect to be apart of the Mafia.

I glanced back at everyone as they all seemed puzzled at the ladies switch in demeanor.

Raf just smirked at us and followed the old woman into the kitchen. He slapped Damiens back on the way murmuring "And that's how it's done."

I rolled my eyes and walked after him. I was fairly hungry now that I thought about it.

Adriano Pov~

We stood in the middle of the road. Only the lampposts shining light on the car that was deserted in the middle of the Freeway. The roads were deserted since it is about midnight and we made sure everyone knew that we blocked the roads off. No one had decided to move the car, per my orders.

Matteo looked over the video feed. Giovanni examined the car. "They headed back south whereas the kids headed north. We can follow their trail but we have to hurry." Matteo urged showing me the feed.