Chapter: 30

Sibling relationships - outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. - Erica E. Goode

Adriano Pov~ 

I sit in my chair in my spacious office and watch my phone go off for the millionth fucking time. It's been a couple hours since I broke the news to my family and I have been severely avoiding them, and them me. Gabriel has been parading around the house talking to all the kids, pretty sure he is getting all the details from their life that they could remember.

Gabe has such a inviting, calm personality, he loves talking to people and getting to know who they truly are. Their likes and dislikes, their hobbies. He could be talking to you for only an hour and you would find yourself sharing your deepest darkest secrets. There was just a warmth about him that surrounded you. He had a way of making you feel like you were the only person he cared about when speaking to you, and there could be a hundred people in the room with you. 

He wasn't anything like myself or my siblings, well maybe a little like Miliana. But other than that he was the polar opposite. I avoided people as much as possible, I hated things that were useless and didn't pertain to me and I didn't like wasting time. Except if it was someone from my family. So yeah, he was different, which is exactly how I wanted it to be. Knowing he was such a good kid when I was young just fortified my conviction to keep him away from this life, from this Mafia. 

And anyone can fucking hate my decision and me, but I don't care. I know I did mainly the right thing. Even if keeping him hidden from his siblings was wrong. There was a great outcome that happened. 

I ignored the call and my phone finally quieted helping me to focus on my thoughts about Mrs. Hart. Kale seemed utterly confused and when I was 'dealing' with him in the basement. A part of me thinks he was genuinely lost but he tried to kidnap my daughter. I fisted my hand just thinking about what could have happened if he was successful in taking her away.

A knock on my door pulled me from my dreary thoughts. My amore popped her pretty little head into my office. My face automatically broke out into a smile. She waltzed into the room shutting the door behind her. 

"Hello Big Bad Capo. Got a minute?" Her velvet voice floated through the room as she walked over to me behind the desk. "There always time in the world to give to you amore." I replied pulling her into my lap as she got closer. A blush spread across her cheeks making me chuckle. Even though we have been together for 16 years I love the effect I still had on her. 

I pulled her flush against my body kissing her full lips. She melted into it and pulled away suddenly causing me to groan in frustration. 

"Don't distract me. i came to talk to you." She said giving me her stern look. Even though she was no where near threatening, I would roll over backwards to please her. And she knew it. 

"Sorry mama wolf. Proceed." I say with a smirk, still holding her tight and rubbing circles on her waist underneath her shirt. She took a deep breath trying to pretend this wasn't affecting her, and looked me straight in my eyes. "I think it's time to talk to your siblings." She said firmly. I can feel my heart rate spike just thinking about seeing those monsters. 

"No." I deadpan. She scoffs and lightly smacks my shoulder. "Yes. For Mafia people, you guys are big babies." She said with an incredulous look. 

I huff and shake my head no. My pride may be getting to me, but I was not about to face them.