Chapter 34

Spring 2021

After 4 years since their debut, BLACKPINK has become one of the most powerful girl groups breaking standards and becoming one of the most popular groups with collaborations from many western artists some of which were the biggest artist there were. But with being one of the most popular comes a lot of hate. This time it wasn't just only Jennie but all of the members received hate some worse than others which was sickening in its self. 

With those 4 years, all of them have become stronger as people. The hate got more toxic and the anxiety Jennie had never really fully went away but she learned how to cope and stand her ground. If you were to ask her what was the most nerve-racking time since their debut it was probably doing her solo. 

All the promotions, award shows, and music filming without her members physically next to her made her really anxious. But they would always call her and facetime her before and after her shoots which made her relieved in a way. The girls were always there for her and they've gotten closer as the years have gone by. 

But the one thing that changed about Jennie was her confidence. She had gotten more and more confident as she was more exposed to the public. She was praised for her charisma and stage presence which Jennie never thought she could do.  She's gotten a liking from a lot of fans and of course her story about her son. 

Her story about rape, her sister's death, and the rapist definitely made big news and wasn't the most ideal when it came to the media. But it brought awareness to girls who also experienced the same thing she had done. She became a speaker towards rape allegations and mental health advocate. 

She didn't know how many people went through the same things she did until she saw the crowd of people who were there not only as fans but as survivors of those people who had ruined their lives. It gave Jennie another goal as an artist. To help become a voice to those who don't have one and to be the one to spread awareness. So she would encourage the other members to come with her to marches about mental health and would post things about mental health. Since then she's gotten professional help and worked on her mental health. It wasn't the easiest transition as it did take a lot of error and a lot of panic attacks in the middle of the night for her to be the way she is now. 

She had a big glow up, to say the least. From being so afraid to be able to speak and talk out amongst the crowd of people she was proud. She did have her battles of scandals from dating scandals that the media thinks are true when she never really like any of those guys too lazy scandals about her. Many of which were proven wrong by many of their loyal fans called BLINKS. 

It got tougher as the years went on. Death threats were coming in on a daily, saesangs, pervert "fans" and others were a part of BLACKPINK. But they already expected most of that, all they really need is to be cautious and keep their heads up high. 

But one thing that hadn't change over the years was their love for each other. They stuck by each other no matter what. Like sisters even, they were always together and protected each other. But Jennie fell, and she fell hard for Jisoo. She knew it was wrong to like her own member. Someone who is always with her and cared for her. She couldn't help that and she knew there was too much at stake. She tried to replace those feelings but Jisoo had a soft spot in her heart.

What Jennie didn't know was that Jisoo felt the same way. Jisoo was always whipped for Jennie from the start. Always spoiling her and making sure she felt comfortable no matter what. Jennie's company made her feel a certain type of happiness. She looked forward to waking up and seeing Jennie right next to her clinging on after their daily night talks. Her heart flutters every time she winks but who can blame her. 

Right now they are supporting Chaeyoung for her solo. Something she longed for and definitely worked hard for. Jennie was waiting in the online queue for the fan meeting with her toy rose in hand.