Chapter 12 - Give me sugar

"Now I have to remember you for longer than I have known you."

****************

Alex's POV

Anxious.

That's what that son of a bitch does to me. Since he came back into my life again, he just keeps me anxious, on my nerves, and so worried about him all the damn time.

Sometimes I feel like I am the older brother not him.

That one sure is a handful.

Ugh, I really feel like I hate him sometimes.

A frustrated breath pushed out of my lungs and I leaned back into my seat, my fingers twirling the pen in my hand, trying to get myself and concentrate on the task at hand rather than think about him and the words that left his mouth yesterday.

That damn look in his eyes, showed me that he gave up.

He is actually giving himself up to Isaac. After everything I've done, he just decided to turn his back and run to daddy dearest. Can I punch him? You know, just put his head through a wall, I won't cause much harm, I promise, I just want him to wake the fuck up and see how wrong everything about this is.

The sound of my office's door being opened snapped me back in, "Daddy!" Lilly said, sorry no screamed as she stumbled into my office, running toward me, Cara right behind her and trying to catch up with her, "Lilly, slow down!" She said in frustration.

I chuckled when Lilly ran up and jumped to my lap, "What are you doing here?" I asked, wrapping my arm around her little waist and pulling her up so she can sit comfortably before I leaned down and kissed her hair.

Her big innocent eyes flickered up to me and she smiled, "Mommy said I do trouble," She said, totally not bothered, "So, I am staying with you!" She added, emphasizing the you as she poked my chest with her finger.

My eyes lifted from her to Cara, who was holding Max in her arms, his little head resting over her chest. Her eyes narrowed at Lilly before they fell back on me, "I am so done with your kids," She said, with a very tired sigh.

I chuckled, "Now, they're my kids," I commented, my eyebrow raised addressing how when they cause trouble, they suddenly become only mine. I kept my arms around Lilly and stood up, I circled my way around the desk and toward Cara.

"I am gonna take Max to the doctor so-"

"Why? What's wrong?" I immediately asked, my chest tightened and my hand went to his cheek, checking if he is awake, his head turned at my touch and his beautiful eyes fell on me, an immediate half-toothless smile curved his lips and he made that baby sound that makes my heart melt.

He is such a calm little boy, the total opposite of Lilly. He does have his moments, where he keeps us awake all night long, but he weighs nothing in front of Lilly's wild side.

She shook her head, "Nothing, don't worry, it's just his usual check-up," She said and I breathed out a relieved sigh, "Okay, let me come with you."

"No, no," Cara shook her head again, "Just keep that one with you," She said, pointing at Lilly and glaring at her. On reflex, Lilly buried her face in my neck, hiding herself from her very angry mother.

"What did she do again?" I asked, unable to hold my chuckle, the situation pretty amusing from my side.

She shook her head, "Don't get me started," She said with a sigh and rubbed her hand over Max's back.