Chapter 41 - Bella

This gif is exactly Nikolas in the last part of the chapter XD

**********

"She calms his chaos and he fuels her fire,
They are a match made between heaven and hell."

**********

Nikolas's POV

"What happened?" I asked as I marched into the house, pushing past one of my men, Gregory, as I looked around, trying to understand what kind of big trouble was going on.

The man looked at me, his throat slightly bobbing, and a drop of sweat dripped down the side of his temple, somewhat scared of what my reaction would be next. They must've screwed up big time. Damn it.

"Well, uh," He started to speak, "He was trying to escape, we stopped him, but-"

My jaw ticked and I instantly interrupted his words, "Yeah, a small little kid against all fucking three of you-" I looked to the right at the other two men, my mocking tone pointing out just how silly it sounds out loud.

"Sir, he is no normal kid," The other guy named Mike spoke, stepping closer to us and infuriated by whatever Nathan did, "He knows how to throw a damn tantrum, look around you, he broke everything, god, he is something else-" His frustrated words had my gaze take an all-over around the place, where some chairs were flipped over, the whole furniture was out of place and the shattered glass over the floor was not to be missed.

I rushed a shaking hand over my face, trying my best to keep my calm and not explode in their face and kill them all on the spot. I am too tired to clean the blood off my clothes right now so I am giving them a chance to explain. My jaw ticked, my voice hard as I grated out, "So in short you are saying that three fucking grown men, who were trained in the best institution in the world can not handle a nine-year-old kid!"

Mike's eyebrow raised, his voice raising and trying to match my tone as he spoke further, probably looking for a death wish or something, "Well yeah especially when you ordered us not to hurt him, it's kind of hard to contain him that way!"

I didn't like the meaning behind his words so I took a threatening step forward. Mike noticed my hostility because he involuntarily took one backward, unable to stand his ground now. My eyes narrowed at him, my voice clear as I asked, stressing on each letter, "What did you do?"

He stayed silent at first, his lips pressed into a thin line and he gulped down, his eyes flickering to Gregory and the other, pleading for help but no one is going to save him from my hands now if my theory turns out to be right.

"I said what the fuck did you do?" The rise in my voice and tone had him whip his head back to me, his jaw working and he finally answered, "I was trying to catch him but he...he tripped and fell," His voice shook slightly, his eyes drifting to the other side of the room, indicating where that incident took place, "He hit his head on the table's side and he...he passed out after."

He took notice of the fire that lit up in my eyes, but he couldn't escape anymore. One second only and I was in his face, my fingers curled over his collar and I pushed him backward, harshly slamming him into the wall, "I think I didn't make myself clear before," I grated out, spitting the words in his face, "If I see one little drop of blood leave his body, I will fucking make you bleed a thousand more, you get it now!"

I am sure that Nathan didn't just trip and fall on his own. He wants to play me the fool now but I am sure that he must've been the one to push him down. His body language gave him away the second I stepped into this house.