Chapter 1 - Redemption

"You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending."

Natalie

*************

*************

Natalie's POV

Nikolas.

Nikolas Viarchi. His name has a nice ring to it.

Damn.

Natalie and Nikolas. Nate and Nik. The two N's. Even our names fit.

I snapped myself out of that dreamland and focused more on my actual job here, "How about you tell me a little about yourself first," I checked the file over my desk, "I see you haven't filled out the form yet," I still don't even know what brings him here.

"Like what's your job? Your age? Where do you live?" I started, "You know consider this our first date and tell me everything about yourself." I added, trying to lighten the mood but it didn't seem like he got the humor in my words.

"Job?" He asked, the corner of his lips pulling up, as if its funny, "You can say I own a business."

Oh, him in a suit. I can build all of my fantasies over that image only.

Jesus Nate, get back to yourself. So damn unprofessional.

"Age?" I asked.

"Thirty four."

"Oh, great! " The words left my mouth without permission. The excitement in my tone alone gave me away.

Confusion tightened his brow and I immediately cleared my throat, "You know, thirties are a good age I mean, great age even, you're not in your twenties, so not too young, neither in your forties and people look at you as too old," I started to ramble, trying to hide the fact that I am so excited that his age checks perfectly on my man-of-my-dreams list, "So, thirties. Great age. Yeah."

He started back at me, his gaze pure clueless, as if trying to understand but failing miserably.

I am so taking advantage of this session and I really shouldn't. Back to being professional Nate. Back to earth.

"There is some papers you should sign first and all, but since this is only a trial session, we can leave that out for later." I informed him and he nodded.

"Now, Nikolas," I leaned back into my seat, "What brings you to me?"

His lips parted, ready to talk but he decided otherwise and pressed them shut. His fingers raked through his hair, messing it even more. His feet impatiently tapping over the floor. Every action he does screams that he is on the edge.

One push and he'll fall. Fall into where? That's the question I am trying to solve.

"I really don't have an answer to that." He admitted, honestly.