Chapter 14 - Your grumpy Nik

"Do you think the universe fights for souls to be together? Somethings are just too strange and strong to be coincidences."

***************

Nikolas's POV

"Someone get her away from me!" Alex whined, pushing Emma away as she tried to hug him once again, "Get her away, get her away!" He said, freeing himself from her hold, and stepped backward, building distance.

She chuckled, "Aw I know you're gonna miss me so much," She commented while pinching his cheeks, and her eyebrow raised, pretty much enjoying the fact that she was annoying him beyond measures. Alex pushed her hand away and I sighed, unable to understand how she is that same vulnerable girl last night who asked me to protect her.

Yeah, we are such a weird family.

Alex shot her a glare when she winked at him before she turned around, and headed for the jet.

"She's crazy, I swear," He mumbled and fixed the collar of his shirt that she just ruined, "I only wonder how Roman can handle her."

I shook my head at the thought and when Alex's eyes fell back on me, "So, do you need anything before I go?" I asked.

"One thing," he said, arching an eyebrow, "Don't die," He said, "You know, I lost you twice, and they say third time's a charm, so," He gave me a casual shrug, "Just don't die, stay alive and breathing, I haven't annoyed you enough yet."

I smiled, involuntarily, and gave him a nod, "I will try."

He let out a low sigh, "You know that I can't...I can't go there," He mumbled, bothered by the thought, "Isaac and I made a deal, I stay out of his way and he stays away from Max, I am not gonna jeopardize that."

I nodded, "Of course, like hell would I let you go there," This is my part in the game, my task, my mission to accomplish, "It's not gonna be easy, that I know, Isaac is more powerful than all of us, it's gonna take me some time to figure him out."

He blew out an annoyed breath, "God, do I miss the days when our biggest enemy was you," He added, sarcastically and I totally agreed. I miss the days where my father was just a ghost. Now, he is everywhere and controlling everything.

"He has a weakness," Everyone does, "I just need to find out what it is."

"Just be careful while doing so, Isaac's power is not just his position, it's his mind games, so don't let him do that to you again," Alex stressed out, worry and concern cut lines over his forehead.

I shook my head, "I won't."

"Good," He said, "Now, just leave before this gets emotional and you start crying and I will have to hug you," He added, "I am not in the mood for that now."

I shook my head at his words and he smiled, "I will see you soon?"

I nodded, "Soon."

Just when I was about to turn around and head for the jet, he said, "Hold on, hold on," The urgency in his tone had me pausing and I turned to face him, "You didn't tell me, how did the date go?"

Every once in a while, just smile.

That woman, she is...she is something else.

That alone made me want to smile. My eyebrow arched a bit and I gave Alex a low shrug before I turned around, giving him nothing.

"Hey, hey!" Alex tried to stop me, "I need actual words, I need answers!"

"Bye, Alex," I said, loud for him to hear, and without turning. The last thing I heard him say was something like such a bitch as I reached the jet.