Chapter 24 - The three N's

"He was her dark fairytale and she was his twisted fantasy, and together they made magic."

***************

Natalie's POV

"What did you do?" I asked again when he didn't answer, his previous tone scaring the hell out of me, and the worst scenarios cooked up in my mind.

When it comes to his lifestyle, I can't help but think of the unthinkable.

He just rested the side of his head over my chest, pretty much comfortable. My hand moved from his cheek to his hair, running my fingers through it and smoothing it back. I couldn't deny that I was partially enjoying this little moment by having him this close, he isn't usually the very touchy type, but drunk him is breaking all the rules.

"Nikolas," I called for him again.

"Hmm?" He said, nuzzling his head as if I am the most comfortable pillow ever.

"You said you did something, what happened?" I asked, "You're getting me worried."

He just shook his head, "Shush, let's not talk about that," He mumbled and as I stared down at his innocent expression, I couldn't hold back my smile and shook any other thought away. If it's serious, he will tell it to me sober and not in this intoxicated state.

He buried his face into the crook of my neck, "You smell so good," He mumbled, humming, and I think I am going to always add some alcohol into his drinks.

He let out a low groan before he edged his head backward to look at me, "I shouldn't be saying all this now, should I?"

I chuckled and shook my head, "I am not complaining."

My smile made a small smile lift the corners of his lips, his eyes still hazy but just as beautiful, "I like your smile too," He added.

I took advantage of the moment, getting all I can get out of his truthful state, "What else do you like?"

He lifted his hand and poked my right eye, "Your eyes," He said, almost making me lose sight in that eye.

I rubbed at it and he moved his finger over my cheek till it reached my lips, he stared at them for a long moment, "I like that little noise you make every time I kiss you," He whispered, his words barely audible as he ran his finger over my lower lip.

I sucked into a deep breath; would it be taking advantage also if I kissed him right now? My sober mind argued, refusing and I internally groaned in frustration.

I pulled my lower lip between my teeth, unable to back away from getting any answer I can get out of him; I mean, can you blame me? It would take hell a lot from him to confess these little tiny things while sober, "So, you like kissing me?" My eyebrow raised, "That wasn't your reaction the first time I kissed you," I still cant forget how I kissed him and he practically ran away from me and cancelled all of our sessions after. The asshole.

His eyebrows pulled closer, "Of course I do," He said, not shying away, "It was all I could think about that fir...first time," He added, pressing the back of his head against the cushion, now leveling his with mine as he brought his hand and tucked my hair behind my ear, "How soft and delicate you are...how I could easily break you if I wasn't careful."

I shook my head, "Don't worry, we have established that you won't do that," I said with a smile, "Now, tell me more," I requested, my heart erratic and my chest heavy with newly developed feelings for this man. Feelings I am slowly coming in terms with. Feelings I want to pause, to stop them...but I know it's impossible. I am past that stage where I can hit pause and back away.