Chapter C; Bullets and Azure

"Drift off to dreamland with me"
2

🎹

"I hate you I hate you I hate you!"

A little girl with freshly dyed blond hair shouts at her new parents. There is no life in her eyes.

"Welcome to hell, newbie"

Genevieve can only blink. The small raindrops fall down faster, but it doesn't matter. Her coat is already completely drenched from the walk here. It's gray and cold and for a moment Genevieve wishes that things would be different. Not just different in a small way, different all the way from the beginning.

The blue haired girl by the house opens the door further. From what Genevieve can see, she has strong masculine features but with a lean body. Her face has a playful expression, and her eyes shine in the most unrealistic blue color. She can only guess that the girl has dyed blue hair and contacts to match it. She looks free spirited, splashes of red paint all over her green uniform skirt. Genevieve nods awkwardly and walks up the white stairs to the door. Her black bag is clutched tightly in her hands.

Once they both are inside and the door is closed, Genevieve takes in the smell of the house. Every building has its own smell, and if it's bad Genevieve doesn't know if she'll ever get used to it. After years of living inside a mansion, she has gotten quite sensitive to smells that she isn't used to. It's quite annoying. The blue haired girl opens her arms to showcase the area around them. Genevieve sees the living room to her left, a staircase right in front of her and a hallway further into the house right by the staircase. By the end of the hallway is an open door, and she can see a few girls painting inside the big room. Most of the furniture is white or green, and paintings lay randomly around.

"Welcome to green leader house! People call me Azure because of my hair"
The smirking girl says. Genevieve stays silent for awhile, her eyes gazing over the house. In the living room is an opening in the wall that leads to a kitchen. There is also another door that probably leads to the dining area. Other than three white sofas with green pillows and a big TV, there is only a bookshelf in the living room. It's huge, filled with dozens of books. Genevieve guesses that there is a writer in this house as well, other than the obvious painters. Finally her gray eyes land on the blue haired girl, who has a smudge of paint on her face.

"I'm Viv"

Azure nods. She points at the stairs lazily. Genevieve follows her finger as the rain starts to drum heavily against the windows. People outside run to shield themselves from the splashing water.

"Let's get your stuff upstairs, we all have our own rooms in this house, although they are not that big"

Genevieve follows the taller girl up the smooth white stairs. Their steps are light and quiet for separate reasons. Azure is probably trained in something, so she has great control over her body. Genevieve is trained in keeping quiet, so the sleeping drunk parents won't wake up. Either way, they both arrive at the second floor. In front of them is a huge window, from where they can see the neighboring house. To their left and right are two corridors that both make a sharp turn into the house. Genevieve follows as Azure takes a turn to the left.

"So what's your major? I take dance, the paint on my clothes is from one of our roommates new painting. She needed help carrying it, and one thing lead to another"