Chapter 🎹; Gray color

"Genevieve can't remember her real hair color"
16

🎹

⚠️ bullying, forced, bruises, dizzy, stealing, blood, crying ⚠️

"I guess this is a goodbye then"

Genevieve hasn't changed her cold expression since waking up. She stares at them with numbness, no emotion, enhancing the gray feeling with her gray eyes. Cosima and Cori are wearing masks over their faces, making sure that nobody can recognize them. It's already suspicious enough when two red and blue students are walking around in green central, sitting in train number seven and hanging out with a green student. It's already suspicious enough.

Cori's voice comes out as more awkward than it was before. Most of the anger, coldness and strictness is gone. Genevieve has to admit that it's weird between the three of them. They slept in the same room, they helped her and brought her into Cori's home. They threatened her and she saw them kiss by mistake. Cori saved her from her bullies, Cosima randomly wrapped up her bruises just a few weeks ago. Genevieve pointed a gun at Cori's head, Cosima caught her getting beat up. So much has happened between them. But they are strangers.

Genevieve nods, dreads walking through that door and going home. They are standing on the road, just one block away from the green leader house. Genevieve grimaces at the thought of going back there. She sighs, wishing to stay with Cori and Cosima a little longer, even though it's awkward between them. She feels the bandages rub against her skin, dry for now. Genevieve knows that it will be a hassle to change them later. A huge hassle.

"Thank you for taking me into your dorm"

Genevieve knows that she is cold and sounds cold, but at least it's a thank you. It's not like Cori is any better at apologizing or thanking people, so what's the point. Every time she walks it hurts and every time she moves anything in her body it shoots an arrow of pain all throughout. Thankfully Genevieve is used to it. It's a normal thing. It's a thing that has happened often. With one last awkward glance and two nods from the leaders above her, Genevieve turns around and walks up the road. Her eyes squint in pain, but that's it. Everything else feels numb. She can't even feel the cold, even though it bites and howls and tears the leaves from the trees.

Cosima and Cori disappear behind the buildings. Instead of walking up a few steps and through the door, Genevieve looks to her right and makes up her mind. Her fingers are itching, her heart is beating, but otherwise she feels nothing. She's just so tired of everything and everyone. Dragging her feet across the road and into a building with neon lights. Their closest store, barely selling anything but snacks and essentials, but still their closest store. Genevieve decides that she's not going to pay as she walks through the isles.

Just like always, there are not many things to choose from. But the store is filled with people, it is Saturday, mid day, after all. People are nestling up on snacks for the weekend, right after lunchtime. Genevieve wanders aimlessly through the snack isles and the microwaveable food section, listening to the faint music coming through the speakers. It's boring, not the kind of music that she usually listens to, but she recognizes the voice from the depths of Mari's random playlist. The playlist that she played on the old music cube she found, or stole.

It only makes her more desperate. Fingers itching, thinking about all the times she has stolen with Mari, fought other people with Mari, drink herself drunk with Mari. It's all soothing, so soothing. Exactly what she needs. She continues wandering through the isles until the soap and wash section comes along. It's not big, they are not supposed to have what she's looking for, but Genevieve remembers seeing it one time. Right then and there, the object shines in front of her eyes. Genevieve's drags her fingers across the shiny package. It's small though, perfect.