Chapter H; Junior year

"Forgiveness is the way to happiness"
29

🎹

⚠️ mentions of bullying, insulting words, mentions of drugs and drug addict family members, violence and bruises⚠️

"I'm really sorry Viv"

Her hair is pristine. A dark brown color, soft locks tied in a perfect ponytail. She is wearing a white pearl hairpin that stands out among the dark hairstrands. A round, oval face, one that is full enough to showcase her rich status. Her cheeks are tinted in a red blush, her eyes big, green and round, with dark eyebrows and long eyelashes. The girl's irises sparkle like emeralds, and she seems aware of that, glancing up from beneath her lashes. It's an innocent, expensive and soft look.

The green uniform looks more put together on her.

Camilla.

She can smile softly like a princess, make her voice sweet and fool someone with those innocent eyes. But she can also laugh like a bully, and trip you over the edge of a mountain if you are not careful. She's hard to figure out. But Camilla is also human.

"My friend was so angry with you, and she had a death grip over me and my other friends. But that doesn't excuse anything. I always thought that you were cool, and extremely talented and so strong for standing up against everyone, no matter what we did to you"

The girl opposite of Camilla is very different. Her hair is, for the first time, a soft peachy pink color. It's more dry and ruffled, short and not tied together. She has no hairpin, or rings or necklaces, just slightly dry lips and a loopy smile. Her green uniform is not put together, rather the shirt is untucked and the skirt is higher up than it should be. Her eyes are a deep gray and rather than looking innocent, they have always looked guilty. She can't fool anyone, no soft smile, no sweet voice and no innocence.

But she's still Genevieve.

With a small toothy smile, canine teeth and a calming look, Viv gazes over at the girl that has apologized to her every single day for this past week. Camilla Neumann. Daughter of a German bank owner and one of the richest people in the world, but here at Aconite Academy, she's just another green department student that bullied Genevieve last year together with that mean blond girl that played the piano. Camilla plays the violin. She was always the more silent one, the cuter one, the one that looked hesitant whenever they lashed out on Viv. And frankly, Genevieve doesn't hold a grudge. At least not against this one.

"You don't have to forgive me, I wouldn't either. But if you do, it would be a great honor to be your friend. I really like you Viv"

The fact that Camilla goes out of her way to call her the name she is more comfortable with, is enough for Genevieve. She has never been that picky. Recently, her heart has felt much lighter.

It's been a year. They spent three weeks on summer break, still inside Aconite Academy, but without any lessons. Now she's a junior, second year of finishing school. This will be her last year, Genevieve wants to work hard and graduate early together with her girlfriends. This year is going to be much better, not painful like last fall was. She is ready to make changes to her life, feel less bitter, think about her to improve herself and her mental state, one step at a time.

She already has wonderful girlfriends and wonderful roommates. Adeline, who is worried about her sick uncle at home but still attending school, has become a better leader and is amazing to both Genevieve and everyone else. Now the only thing that is missing in Viv's life is more friends, a more normal approach, less bad thoughts. And the first step is forgiveness. Camilla is the first step. And she's really nice too. Nice and cute.