Chapter N; Blue vs Red

"Even if it means death, I won't stay away from you"
4

🎹

On top of the world. Cori has never dreamed to be anywhere else. Arms long and muscular, hands resting on the arms of her cafeteria chair. Sharp blue eyes staring over what has long been her own kingdom, her home. Her arms flex as she reaches slowly up to her hair and drags her fingers through the red strands. She can't help but lick her lips on the same time, spread her legs further, allow the red gym sweatpants of her uniform to stretch.

Admittedly, she hasn't always been on top of the world. It hasn't even been that long since she claimed the spot, walked over her enemies. This is the second year of her reign, the second year of wearing a dark red strand on her clothes, just under her shoulder. The people come and go, but for the past two years Cori has been persistent to stay. Whether she needed to physically fight someone, or train until her legs bled, it didn't matter. It all payed off in the end. The former senior leader Sissy left right as Cori entered her second year. It didn't take a genius to figure out that she was the strongest candidate for leader. It all just, made sense.

Whether it's her tall frame, extremely good coordination or just her apparent muscles, nobody dared to stand against her. Now she's leader, leader of the Red department. More commonly known as the Athletics department.

There is a lot at stake for this game to work. The medals need to be won, and the students must be kept in their places. More importantly, the green and the blue need to be kept in their places, far away from anywhere in her vicinity. The second Cori's almighty gaze crosses over someone who isn't wearing red, nausea builds up in her throat. Of course, that's just what people say. They speak a lot inside these walls. Maybe it's because rumors lead so easily to drama, and there is not much of it here unless you create it.

But Cori doesn't think about the stakes very often. More than once she has found herself lost in thought, stressed after barely bringing up the subject with herself. She has learned to keep living in the present, not think too much about the future. When you are as strong as she is, there is not much need for planning or thinking. There are two options, fists or threats. You can take one, or take both. But it's not very often they come without. Either way, thinking isn't her thing.

So now she's sitting here, the Red building cafeteria. Eyes scanning over what has become her own empire, natural red hair swinging over her shoulders. Eyes blue, freckles there and many, head held high. Not many people take her for a prude, nor does she appear very mean. But egoistic, maybe, and definitely scary. In a world filled with people trying to tell you what is black and white, what is wrong and right, there is a lot of gray area that is never covered. Cori fits well into that gray area. She is too easy going, but likes to keep herself in control. Friends are unnecessary threats, and the moment they appear to want to take her position, or become too popular, Cori dismisses them. Enemies are bugs, meant to be hit and smashed to the ground.

So she's definitely egoistic, violent and frankly quite power hungry. She isn't perfect. But in this school, in this position, it's just what she needs to be. Unbothered enough not to fear when she needs to fight or beat someone up. Egoistic enough to win her matches and keep going, even after hurting someone or leaving someone behind. Violent enough to enjoy what she does best. Beat, smash, kill. Blood runs down these halls after all, and the blood is red.

But there is one bug she hasn't managed to kill so easily. Well to be fair, there is two. But Cori has found herself to be more annoyed by the blue bug one too many times. The green bug, Adeline, can do whatever she wants. She's one of those peaceful leaders that takes care of her business and is easy to threaten. Normally, she's not that much of an issue. Although the dance majors prove to be a big challenge, more often than not. But the blue bug, that annoying little creature, that's who she worries about the most.