The Moonwitch sequel preview

If you're wondering what the sequel for the moonwitch will look like...

A sneak peak from chapter 7

Each supernatural stands taller than her, even the witches despite them not usually having any special growth genes. Delilah is just short, she was born a little early and ended up being smaller than her siblings. It doesn't work in her favor, it never has. She looks completely lost and out of place, feels almost like a child, avoiding the supernaturals stares and sharp eyes. Sure they can't see her wings, but getting close enough or standing by her long enough and they can sense what she is. Delilah makes sure to hurry through the thick crowd of people, passing market stands with blood and meat and herbs, both scared and fascinated by the yells and new smells and products. She has never seen anything like it.

Hands shaking, eyes looking everywhere and nowhere at the same time, Delilah walks towards one of the exits of the city. She can't stay in the crowd any longer, she feels too vulnerable and lost. Passing wooden cottages and big houses, rushing past people and whole packs of shifters wandering the market, Delilah finally makes it through the crowd. The houses become less and less, the trees more and more until she has entered the forest. Walking past the trees, through the woods and across rocks and bushes, Delilah finds herself reaching the glittering lake from before.

The sun shines upon the water, making the lake look like a polished diamond. The angel can see houses by the lake, but other than that she is completely alone. Sighing out, Delilah bends down and holds her knees as she breathes deeply, tired from all the running and walking and stressing. Even though she has spent her entire life alone, she's terrible at it. Delilah wants nothing more than someone by her side, even if that someone has to be a demon or her sister Aarin. Anyone will do at this point, she feels so lost and scared and small.

Alone, Delilah has never felt so alone. At least, she thought she was.

Suddenly she doesn't feel so alone anymore, but it's not in a good way. She senses a presence near her, more than one person, several people approaching her and the lake. Delilah hugs her cloak closer, gripping her sword even though she knows it could be useless. Before she can run and hide behind some tree, or run away, it's too late.

"I knew it"

Delilah freezes up. She starts shaking more than ever, not daring to turn around. She doesn't understand anything that they said, but she recognizes the language as demon language. It sends shivers down her spine, she is completely frozen in the open and vulnerable to getting hurt. Suddenly the she wishes that she had never left the angel world, never left the safety of the courts, even if that meant getting hit and yelled at, getting ignored and torn to pieces.

"It was an angel, I knew it directly from the scent!"

Delilah turns around just in time for the vampires to reach her. She sees two males and one female, heavy black swords in their belts, sharp fangs and red hair matching their sinister red eyes. Delilah gulps, tries to back away. She sees the way they smile at her fear, knows that they are not kind or safe to be around. Just like any other supernatural, they are much taller and seem much stronger than her. Maybe she could fight one of them with her golden sword, but not all three, not the way they look right now.

Taking taunting steps forwards, Delilah gets to back away two steps before her arm is grabbed. She is beyond scared, terrified that they are going to hurt her or kill her. Her heart is beating, eyes wide, hands shaking and breath stuttering. The air seems much colder than before, everything is suddenly too much, the world is too big and scary. Delilah knows that she should never have left. Their red eyes stare down at her with bloodlust. Even though Delilah can't understand what they are saying, she doesn't have to. Their intentions are quite clear, their expressions are scary enough.

The male vampire gripping her arm drags her closer, the other two standing behind him and staring. Delilah whimpers out quietly when she feels his breath against her ear.

"I hate angels, but you're kinda cute, I won't mind leaving you alive and bleeding for the wolves to feast on"

This time he speaks in broken shifter language, Delilah understanding every word and syllable even though she wishes she didn't. Her breaths become uneven and panicked as she attempts to pull away from his tight grip, his nails digging into her skin and drawing blood. But it's to no use, because of her panic and overall weak strength, she can barely budge at all, only making his nails dig further into her skin. She lets out a yelp of pain at that, a first set of tears running down her cheeks as the vampires laugh at her misery and fear.

"Hey!"

The vampires turn around, Delilah fixating her attention to the new voice, shouting in demon tongue.

"Let her go!"

🎹
This book is now published