Chapter 🎹; Locking eyes

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to"
8

🎹

Cosima has always been a star pupil.

Her grades are exceptional, her work is always completed before anyone else has the chance to even open their books. She is well spoken, well mannered, fair and just. There are not many things the Greek girl can't do. She speaks several languages fluently, exceeds in science, maths and of course, political science. Her gymnastic grades are also high, and she spends some of her afternoons playing tennis, which she also exceeds in.

At first glance she seems like the most perfect human. She is tall, beautiful, smart, sporty, elegant and a good leader. But to some, she is annoying, crazy, distasteful, unfair, evil... the list goes on. Yeah not everyone likes her. Either they are just jealous, or maybe Cosima isn't the worlds nicest person. She can be a little snappy, a little high minded towards those that she doesn't like. No human is perfect, and neither is Cosima. But she sure does get really close to perfection.

Her eyes are dark, deep and enchanting. Her hair is thick, curly and long, shining in a brownish black color. Her skin is smooth, face has sharp features, posture tall and proud, calm movements and a beautiful smile. A smile that most do not get to see during their lifetime. She walks through the halls of the blue department with a certain amount of power, power that she holds high and mighty over the rest of the blue students. The hallways are wide, the classrooms are many, the walls and stairs and pathways are often made of glass and twist and turn in many modern ways of architecture. Wherever she goes, whether it's through one of the many glass pathways in the air or the beautiful gardens, people stare. Some with admiration, a few with fear, others with jealousy or distaste.

But Cosima doesn't care. She surrounds herself with only the best and most loyal and trustworthy students she can find. People who are just like her, smart, strong and confident. Looks don't really matter. Rankings do, where you rank in either popularity or grades. Cosima always ranks in the top ten, and always first in popularity. The other students drive themselves crazy over their ranking, but the Greek girl can't help but not care. This is her second year at the top, after three years of being at this school. She is, much like Cori, eighteen years old, on her second last year of her time at Aconite Academy.

Today has been just like all other days.

First it was maths, and frankly, even Cosima can't seem to like mathematics. But she sat through the one hour lecture with pen and paper in hand, writing down notes with her pretty handwriting like everyone else. Then she and her fifteen closest people, the mighty sixteen of the blue department, walked down the hallways like usual. Everywhere they went people were watching, everything they did people listened and copied and talked about. As the leader of the blue department, Cosima spent her twenty minute recess doing work, reading letters of concern from other students and handling different affairs.

Then it was time for political science, a two hour long lecture. Cosima spent the entire morning monotonously working herself through class after class, lecture after lecture. By lunchtime her energy was completely drained, so it was time to eat one of the hundreds of healthy meals served in the blue cafeteria. She ate, and then it was time for more and more classes. By four o clock her school day was over, but there was still so much to do. An hour long meeting with the blue student council, that stretched on to two hours, was spent. After that she continued to walk down the hallways, finally towards the train station.