Part 62

(so I wrote a lil thing for creative writing and uh I like rue so here you go :D)

Rue felt the warm, dark leather under her hands as she shifted in her chair. The Monster drink on her desk fizzed and popped, one aluminum side lit by the string of LEDs connecting the walls to the ceiling. Colors flew past on her monitor, momentarily blinding her. She reached up to adjust her heart sunglasses, the plastic cold against her hands. She heard a donation ping through her headphones and glanced up to see the little animation dance across her screen before disappearing, depositing the 4 dollars into her bank account. She could feel the heat coming from the PC on the floor warm her stocking-clad legs. She shifted back in her chair, almost falling asleep to the quiet lull of voices inside her headphones, the volume on Discord turned almost all the way down. She glanced at the screen displaying Twitter to see her friend was trending once more that night. She stretched a bit and reached for her mouse, waving tiredly and ending the stream without as much as a 'goodbye'. They rushing chat messages stopped abruptly as she closed the tab and the screen went dark. She closed her eyes to stop the spots and grabbed blindly for her drink. Her fingernails scratched the aluminum can, giving her an odd feeling in her fingers. She took a sip, the sugary liquid quenching her thirst. She flicked off the LEDs, leaving her in near darkness. The single street light helped her turn off her PC completely climb into bed. She set the can on her bedside table, knowing it would leave a ring in the wood, and fell asleep.