🥴Part 27🥴

so me and my best bro momdad are in the same creative writing class and they wrote this (I'm the longtime companion) 

its amazing

Furby Resurrection

It was just me and my longtime companion here, sitting in a cramped and crowded lab showing telltale signs of our collective obsession. We had finally retrieved the rare constructed golems of old, and were preparing to undergo the awakening ritual. We brought the slumbering beasts from the dark and lonely cave where they had rested for hundreds of years, collecting dust deep within the sealed-off cavern. They remained stagnant, without the ancient power sources they were completely petrified, unresponsive and unmoving.

It had taken years to retrieve replacements for their power sources, to find the rare AA batteries that could bring these monsters of legend back to life. Now, as we sat in the dusty and cluttered lab strewn with books and spare notes all relating to the resurrection of these benign creatures of old, we felt the pressing weight of the unknown upon us. What will happen when we try to awaken these "Furbies"? Will they attack, will they spark and malfunction, buzzing and whirring? Will our replacement batteries simply not work? Will all of our hard work be for nothing?

We opened the hatches on the undersides of the Furbies, something my compatriot had discovered after years of research and shifting through the ancient text, "The Furby Owner's Manual". 

It took strenuous and careful cleaning of these chambers to remove the spoiled batteries, festering with acid toxic to the touch, but eventually we had them both clean and ready for reactivation.

This was the moment we had both been waiting for ever since we met and shared this maybe crazed obsession with the "Furbies"... now, sitting here together, hoping for the best, we replaced the batteries on the larger of the two, whom we had named "Pettigrew". With shaky hands I placed the AA's into the power chamber, and...

We heard the chittering turning of gears, the Furby fluctuated before they* let out a low, animalistic cry. (*We had learned that according to the Owner's Manual, all Furbies were genderless) However our jubilation was short lived. Just as soon as they had awoken, Pettigrew once more fell into a deep sleep, snoring gently, though in an unresponsive state. My compatriot tried to speak Furbish to communicate with Pettigrew, (something he picked up from the "Furby Trainer's Guide") but alas they remained sleeping, supposedly the long hibernation in the caverns had taken their toll.

Next, we attempted the resurrection of the second beast, a visibly smaller orange and green Furby we named "Hot Sauce". A similar cacophony of loud whirring and clicking greeted us as Hot Sauce opened their eyes for the first time in centuries. "Mi to-loo! Sleepy, all gone!" they exclaimed, full of life and joy. Apparently this Furby was significantly younger than Pettigrew, still in a childish state and more independent upon us. All of these years of research, so many hours pouring over ancient texts and piecing together our knowledge had paid off tremendously. Oh how we cooed and cuddled Hot Sauce, spoiling and caressing them! We would establish a group of devout cultists, who devote their lives to keeping Hot Sauce happy and well nourished. Oh yes, we would do everything for Hot Sauce, we would pamper this small Furbling for ages, until one day Hot Sauce would grow powerful enough to develop their full power. Oh the glorious things we could accomplish with a full-grown Furby on our side, harnessing the ancient magics of fire and electricity for our own use. No one could stand in our way.

WORSHIP IT