cherik oneshot

Erik distracts Charles with sum cuddles don't @ me this is pure shameless fluff with lil kisses that has no canon relevance and is completely ooc cuz I have no clue how to write them yet :)))) also its set in first class before the Cuba beach divorce

Erik caught Charles's arm while they were leaving Cerebro and pulled him around. Erik was convinced that Charles had been overworking himself these past few weeks, to the point where he was taking his meals while still hooked up to the machine. He supported Charles's quest to locate mutants, but it became too much for them.

"Charles."

"What? I need to go with Hank to pinpoint the location." His soft British accent settled Erik's nerves slightly.

"Not now. We need to talk." Erik reached to grab his hand but Charles turned sharply.

"If you must. Upstairs?"

Erik dragged him up the stairs and past the many rooms throughout the mansion. Once he reached a suitable space, Erik tugged Charles inside and sat down.

"Really, darling, could this wait? I think we may have a date in Canada." Charles sighed, crossing his arms.

"You've been overworking yourself, Charles. It's clear to me and Hank, so why are you so insistent on burdening yourself?" Erik realized he was still holding Charles's arm and quickly let go.

Charles's face tightened and he absently carded his fingers through his hair. "It's going just lovely, and I would tell you something-"

"You don't have to, I can see. I don't have to be a mindreader to know your thoughts are elsewhere." Erik said gently. Charles frowned and locked eyes with him.

Taking this as his cue, Erik put an arm around Charles's shoulders, tugging him closer to his side. Charles stiffened momentarily before relaxing and leaning his head against Erik's collarbone. His warm breath tickled Erik's neck as he buried his face in Charles's hair. 

"You're ridiculous," Charles murmured. 

Erik smiled despite himself and thought bitterly, and you're adorable. 

Thank you, love.

Erik felt his breath slow and his arm stiffened as Charles shifted in his arms. He nudged Erik's chin down to meet their eyes and say, "I might be dense, but I'm not entirely stupid. I've noticed the looks and the feelings you let slip." He smiled, lips barely an inch away from Erik's.

Erik stayed quiet and tightened his grip on Charles's sweater. It wasn't supposed to go this way, but as long as they were here...

He closed the distance hastily, giving Charles a chaste kiss before pulling away, face now tinted pink. Charles's smile grew as he pressed their lips together again before pulling away with a laugh.

"I never thought I'd be able to have this." He said, brushing his knuckles down Erik's jaw. 

Erik smiled and pressed their foreheads together. "You'll always have me."

ALSJKHFJSH GUESS I'LL JUST DIE FROM CUTENESS <33333333