Boggart

Honestly, they meant no harm when they came up with this prank. It was only supposed to be something to humiliate Potter infront of the school.

They weren't all to fond of Potter. The Golden Trio is what they were called. Pansy said it was bullshit. There was nothing golden about them.

So, as a way to get back at them, or rather just Potter, they decided to prank him.

It was a good plan, it seemed to them. They would hand Harry a small box they had found in some forbidden room hidden in Hogwarts, which held a Boggart within.

Finding it at first was a very shocking experience, but they chose to keep it incase a situation occurred in which it could be put to use.

A few month passed at it had just been laying under Pansy's bed, when one day she came up with the bright idea to prank Potter.

Naturally, most of the Slytherins agreed to it, except (which was slightly surprising) Draco Malfoy.

Usually he would jump at any opportunity to mess with Potter, yet this time he seemed to be almost angry at them for even proposing such an idea.

Pansy had dropped it and agreed to not actually prank Potter (which was a lie, she just wanted Malfoy to stay out of it).

So here they were, sitting in the great hall during breakfast, staring at the entrance and waiting for Potter and his friends to walk through it.

Malfoy had been side eying them all morning, questioning them as to why they were acting so strangely.

They ignored him.

"Are you sure we should do this?" Goyle mumbled next to Pansy, who was holding the box in her lap.

"Yes!" Pansy cheered, "It will be hilarious!"

Goyle looked uncertain.

Pansy watched the entrance eagerly, shifting in her seat every few seconds.

And then they were there, Harry, Ron and Hermione all walking through the entrance hall.

Pansy immediately jumped out of her seat and approached them, already knowing exactly what to say.

"Potter." She greeted with a smile. 

Hermione stared at her warily.

"What do you want?" Ron interrupted.

"Oh, hey Weaselbee." She greeted.

Ron grumbled.

"I would like to speak to Harry alone for a second, it's important." Pansy started.

"What's so important that we can't hear it?" Hermione questioned.

Harry turned towards them.

"Guys, it's alright, you can go. Ill be fine." He smiled.

"You sure?" Ron questioned nervously.

"Yeah."

"Ok." Hermione sighed, dragging Ron towards the Gryffindor table.

Harry watched them retreat and as soon as they were seated he turned back towards Pansy.

"What do you want, Parkinson?" He questioned, eying her up and down.

"Jeez, no need to be so harsh," she mumbled, "I just wanted to ask you to take a look at this box I found," she handed it to him.

"What do you mean?" Harry questioned, holding the box carefully.