Secret Admirer (4)

Draco Malfoy was someone Harry felt he would never understand.

A few years ago he probably would have jumped at any opportunity to mess with Malfoy, but now he seemed to be drawn to him in a different way.

No not like that!

He was drawn to Draco in a way that he wanted to understand him better. What Malfoy had told him that day in the hallway lingered in his mind for awhile after.

Why would Malfoy compliment him? Did he know what the flower meant? Was it a joke to mess with him?

Initially that is what Harry thought, but something about the way Draco stumbled over his words and that adorab- that blush covered his face told him otherwise.

Draco was trying to be civil. But why?

Harry glanced over at Malfoy who was sitting across the from him in the library, his eyes seemed to be stuck on some book about potions.

He watched the way Malfoy moved, the way his hair would fall into his eyes every few minutes and he would have to brush it back with his hands. Harry observed his fingers, how they would scribble down notes so eagerly.

Stop staring Harry thought to himself, forcing himself to turn back towards the book Hermione had given him.

Harry had decided to come to the library to study. He had also thought he would be alone so he could concentrate. Now he had to deal with this pretty boy sitting infront of him.

He's probably here to distract me on purpose!

Harry groaned, irritated. What he thought was internally but he quickly realized it was not.

He snapped his eyes up to see if Malfoy was staring-

Oh shit he is.

Harry snapped his eyes back down but he could still feel Malfoys silver eyes burning into him.

"Potter?"

Shit.

"Malfoy." Harry replied, shifting his gaze back towards Malfoy and squirming in his seat slightly.

"Are you... alright?" Malfoy questioned carefully, squinting his eyes at Harry.

What.

"Uh, yeah?"

Malfoy stared at him for a few seconds, as if he were trying to figure something out.

"Ok." Malfoy sighed, closing his book and getting up. He carefully stacked all his notes and placed them between the pages of his book to kee them safe.

Harry watched him. It wasn't his fault he couldn't look away, Malfoy must have some attraction spell in him.

"Well, bye then." Malfoy mumbled, turning back to Potter for a split second and then rushing out of the library.

Harry watched him leave. As soon as he was out of sight Harry shifted his gaze back towards the spot where Malfoy had been sitting.

His eyes fell on a piece of parchment that seemed to lay forgotten and on the floor.

Harry stood up. Malfoy must have dropped this.

Ill return it later he thought as he picked it up, though when he turned it over his heart seemed to skip a beat.

The handwriting seemed to be so so familiar, it was identical to all the letters Harry had gotten.

He stared at it a bit longer, and then shoved it in his pocket.